Going Lean: Value Stream Mapping is an interactive, multimedia, eLearning training program. It is intended for managers, operators, technicians, engineers, and trainers who work in, or are transitioning to, a Lean workplace.
Value Stream Mapping Training Course Content
- The value stream and Value Stream Mapping
- Six major steps in value stream improvement
- Differences between process mapping and value stream mapping
- Identifying the value stream or value stream family
- Developing the current-state value stream map
- The value stream team, and going to gemba to gather data
- Symbols used to illustrate process physical and information flows
- Developing the future-state value stream map
- Analysis of the current-state, client demand, takt time, waste
- Kaizen bursts, improvement opportunities, the pacemaker
- Developing the future-state implementation plan
- Sequence and coordination of improvement activities
- Execution of the plan through kaizen improvement teams
- Moving from the current state toward a future-state vision
Qualification and Certification Testing
LearnTech® certification training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Certification tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning. The tests include a score bar to provide the learner with continuous status information. Administrative access to dates and scores of tests, certifications, and re-certifications is compliant with ISO quality-standards training requirements.
Course offered in English or Chinese (simplified or Traditional Mandarin)
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.
1. Introduction to Value Stream Mapping
2. Mapping the Current State
3. Mapping the Future State
4. The Future State Implementation Plan
This course will take approximately 50 minutes to complete.