Mistake Proofing is an established Lean technique that identifies sources of error and puts in place devices and methods designed to prevent errors, or the negative impact of errors. This Lean Healthcare training course features illustrations and examples drawn from direct experience with Lean implementation in real-world Healthcare organizations.
Lean: Mistake Proofing is an interactive, multimedia, eLearning training program. It is intended for managers, technologists, patient care workers, support staff, and trainers in the Healthcare industry who work in, or are transitioning to, a Lean workplace.
Lean: Mistake Proofing Training Course Content
- Consequences of error in Healthcare
- Three primary sources of error and the relation between errors and defects
- Mistake Proof, Failsafe, Poke Yoke, and Jidoka, with everyday examples
- Characteristics of Mistake Proofing devices, and methods
- Four levels of Mistake Proofing, with Healthcare examples
- The role of the Value Stream in a continuous problem solving cycle
- Red-flag conditions in Healthcare
- Mistake Proofing and Conventional Wisdom
- The value of 5S in Mistake Proofing
- Examples of Colour coding, positioning assists, and devices for Mistake Proofing
- Mistake prevention, standardized operating procedures, and checklists
- Mistake Proofing document design
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.
1. Introduction to Mistake Proofing
2. Levels of Mistake Proofing
3. Implementing Mistake Proofing
4. Examples of Mistake Proofing
This course will take approximately 1 hour to complete.