This Lean Orange Belt training is a flexible program that offers you the opportunity to learn on-line at your own pace, and includes both on-line interactive e-learning courses and practical hands-on exercises. These exercises are designed to be completed in parallel with the interactive courseware in order to help you apply on-the-job what you have learned. As such, they are to be approved by your manager or Lean Team leader prior to submission.
The Orange Belt supports Lean Process methodology. Through this exercise, you are provided guidance in examining the workspaces you inhabit, opportunities to consider upstream and downstream interactions, and a format for enhancing Lean discussion with your team leadership.
On successful completion, you receive a Professional Lean Orange Belt Certificate and full academic achievement transcript listing your marks for each of the courses taken, and confirming completed application exercises. This qualification is portable and we can provide verification for an employer or prospective employer as needed.
The Lean Orange Belt is comprised of a set of interactive, multimedia, training courses together with practical application exercises. These on-line courses and exercises are intended for managers, administrators, senior operators, technicians, engineers, and trainers who require comprehensive training in Lean, and its application, to prepare them to contribute in a Lean process workplace.
Requirements for the Lean Orange Belt Certificate:
- Nine required courses that include core fundamentals and specific techniques of Lean practice
- Completion of all nine courses including assessment testing for each course
- A minimum academic mastery level of 80% achieved on all assessment testing
- Satisfactory completion of all applicable application exercises signed or initialed by a manager.
- The cost for the Lean Orange Belt Program is $899. This includes nine courses, practical hands-on application exercises, administration, certificate, and transcript.
- You have access to your courses for one full year.
Lean Orange Belt Program Content:
- Core Fundamentals of Lean - Required Courses
- Introduction to Lean Concepts
- Introduction to Lean Tools
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kaizen Events
- 5S Workplace Organization
- Visual Controls
Specific Lean Techniques and Tools - Required Courses
- Mistake Proofing
- Quick Changeover
- Total Productive Maintenance
Implementing Lean in Your Organization
Does your organization require comprehensive Lean knowledge across locations, departments and levels?
The Lean Yellow and Orange Belt programs are flexible and cost -effective ways to deliver consistent Lean body of knowledge training across the enterprise. This can aid in an initial rollout of Lean practices as well as sustaining and embedding Lean in the organization’s culture for the long term.
Courses offered in English or Chinese (simplified or Traditional Mandarin)
Using the Going Lean Courses
- These courses are designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the courses when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The courses are listed in the most logical order for you to follow in completing the Yellow Belt program. Within each course the course modules are also arranged in a logical order. However you can take the courses and the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use these courses for one year. This means that even after you have completed a course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available on a course-by-course basis, so there is no single final exam. You will be required to complete six course tests to qualify. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result. Your highest course score will be used for your transcript.
- Take a course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
While the time to complete each course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences, following the recommended process should take from 2 to 4 hours per course. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.
Core Fundamentals of Lean - Required Courses
Introduction to Lean Concepts
Introduction to Lean Tools
Value Stream Mapping
5S Workplace Organization
Specific Lean Techniques and T