ESD: Re-certification Training Course Content
- Conditions most likely to cause uncontrolled electrostatic discharge
- Three types of ESD protective packaging
- The use of ionization and topical antistats for static control
- Impact of environmental factors on static charge
- Function of ESD protective items in a protected area
- Requirements of an ESD protective workstation
- Correct use of ESD protective smocks, wrist straps, and footwear
- Correct use of personal protection around high voltage hazards
- Recommended ESD protective practices at workstations
Qualification and Certification Testing
LearnTech® certification training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Certification tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning. Administrative access to dates and scores of tests, certifications, and re-certifications is compliant with ISO quality-standards training requirements.
ESD: Recertification complies with the ANSI/ESD S20.20 ESD control program guidelines as well as to JEDEC JESD625, IEC 61340-5, and IPC-610 standards.
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.