Going Lean: Introduction to Lean Tools is an interactive, multimedia, eLearning training program. It is intended for managers, operators, technicians, engineers, and trainers who work in, or are transitioning to, a Lean production environment.
Introduction to Lean Tools Training Course Content
- Lean as a total system and the phases of lean
- Planning and assessment, Value Stream Mapping
- Hoshin, PDCA, A3, Kaizen
- Stability, 5S, Visual Controls, Standardized work
- Total Productive Maintenance, Poke Yoke
- Continuous Flow, Kanban, Point of Use
- Work Station Design, Cellular Flow
- Synchronous Flow, Multiple Value Streams
- Batch Size Reduction, Quick Changeover, SMED
- TAKT-based Production, Supermarkets, Factory Floor Layout
- Production Leveling, Pull systems, Heijunka
- Every Product Every Day, Make to Order
Qualification and Certification Testing
LearnTech® certification training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Certification tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning. The tests include a score bar to provide the learner with continuous status information. Administrative access to dates and scores of tests, certifications, and re-certifications is compliant with ISO quality-standards training requirements.
Course offered in English or Chinese (simplified or Traditional Mandarin)
Using the Course:
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.
1. Planning and Assessment Tools
2. Achieving Stability
3. Achieving Continuous Flow
4. Achieving Synchronous Flow
5. Production Leveling and Pacing
This course will take approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to complete.