Participants successfully completing the program will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of field service environments that could result in ESD failures.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of ESD definition, threats, and prevention.
- Describe the characteristics of a Field Service environment.
- Explain "controlled grounding" and why it is the preferred way to remove static electricity from a person or other conductive object.
- List the items that should be in an ESD field service kit and describe the function and use of each.
- Describe the use of personal grounding devices in field service applications.
- Describe safe storage, transportation, and handling of circuit boards to and from a static safe area.
- Describe the procedures for setting up a temporary ESDPA in the field.
- Demonstrate appropriate grounding procedures in a field service environment.
- Describe the procedures for working inside the ESDPA in the field.
- Explain the importance of correct re-packaging of assemblies that have been removed during field service repair.
- List ways in which call backs can be minimized in field service including communication with the customer.
Qualification and Certification Testing
LearnTech® training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Certification tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning. Administrative access to dates and scores of tests, certifications, and re-certifications is compliant with ISO quality-standards requirements.
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.