Introduction to Lean Concepts is based on real case materials from healthcare, with an emphasis on the patient experience. Concepts are introduced within the context of key issues such as surgical wait times, admission procedures, coordination of services, and distribution of supplies and medication.
Lean Healthcare: Introduction to Lean Concepts is an interactive, multimedia, eLearning training program. It is intended for managers, technologists, healthcare staff, and trainers in the Healthcare industry who work in, or are transitioning to, a Lean workplace.
Lean Healthcare: Introduction to Lean Concepts Course Content
- Advantages of going Lean in Healthcare
- The nine kinds of waste, with Healthcare examples
- Lean attitudes and metrics
- Traditional Healthcare organizations
- Overcoming Obstacles to Lean transformation
- Lean as a total system -a cultural shift
- Mapping the patient-centric Value Stream - the meaning of end-to-end transformation
- The ongoing Lean journey in Healthcare
Using the Course
- This course is designed to allow participants to learn at a convenient time, and at their own pace. You are free to pursue the course when and where you wish. You will require a broadband Internet connection, and a standard Internet browser with flash plugin.
- The course modules are listed in the most logical order for you to follow. However you can take the course modules in any order you wish.
- You are licensed to use this course for one year. This means that even after you have completed the course it is still available for review purposes. In review mode you can arrow forward and back through the course material to quickly locate specific content for reference, review, or further study.
- Course qualification testing is available. In addition, you can re-take any test if you are not satisfied with your initial result.
- Take the course and complete all modules.
- Take the course test.
- Make notes while taking the test to highlight content that proves difficult.
- Review the course with additional study of this difficult content.
- Retake the test to demonstrate your mastery of the content.
Following this process helps you to achieve greater learning and a more accurate test assessment.
The time to complete the course will vary depending on prior knowledge, learning style, and individual differences. The more study and review, the greater the knowledge and understanding, and the higher your mastery test scores. Plan your time accordingly.