Green Building Energy Simulation and Modeling presents essential insights into concepts and applications of building energy physics. The authors provide a brief, but rigorous, explanation of various modeling methods for building energy systems, order reduction techniques, and building energy simulation platforms (BESPs) that is followed by BES model validation techniques, testing and evaluation. The book provides designers with the tools and methods they need to validate building energy systems and seize every opportunity to achieve greater energy savings and higher rating scores.
- Provides green building computer code
- Presents tactics on how to use energy studies and simulation to make informed design decisions
- Helps readers understand how and when to apply the different types of energy simulation at the appropriate design stage
- Evaluates passive and active strategies for limiting energy consumption and producing energy onsite
1. Green Concepts and Vocabulary 2. Components of Sustainable Design and Construction 3. The Green Design Process 4. Green Building Systems 5. Building Information Modeling (BIM) 6. Choosing Materials and Products 7. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) 8. Water Efficiency and Sanitary Waste 9. Energy and Atmosphere 10. Green Building Economics 11. Project Cost Monitoring and Closeout 12. Project Cost Analysis 13. Documents & Specifications 14. Typical Contract Agreements 15. Green Project Commissioning 16. Litigation and Liability Issues 17. Green Business Development 18. High Performance Buildings
. Developed a building energy system (BES) model in MATAB/Simulink.
. Energy transfer model for all the building construction elements such as wall, roof, etc was developed using finite difference method and solved using Cranck-Nicholson scheme.
. Govt of India appointed Director in NHPC Ltd. Board
. Coordinating lead author(CLA) for Hydropower for IPCC Special Report on Renewable Energy