The world market for outdoor lighting fixtures report offers a full analysis of the outdoor lighting fixtures market worldwide. This study provides outdoor lighting fixtures industry statistics (consumption data), sales data and market shares of the top manufacturers.
“Worldwide market” is considered such as the aggregate of 66 monitored countries, selected by CSIL on the basis of size of the economy, importance of the lighting fixtures sector and contribution to World trade of lighting fixtures, plus an approximation of the market value in the Other countries. The geographical classification of the 66 monitored countries is as follows:
- North America: Canada and the United States;
- West Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom (i.e. the European Union 15, less Luxembourg for which lighting fixtures data are listed together with those of Belgium) + Norway and Switzerland;
- Asia and Pacific: (a): Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (Developed Countries); (b): Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam (Emerging and Trasforming Countries);
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela;
- Central-Eastern Europe (CE Europe): Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia;
- Russia and other CIS Countries: Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine;
- Middle East: Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates;
- Africa: North Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia) + South Africa.
For each Regional cluster, market size and market shares are provided.
Outdoor lighting is analysed according to the following segments:
- Residential lighting (home gardens lighting and architectural lighting for common spaces in residential buildings).
- Urban landscape lighting (architectural lighting for city centres “city beautification”).
- Christmas and Event lighting
- Streets and major roads lighting
- Lighting for tunnels and galleries
- Campus/area lighting (sporting plants, open air parkings, petrol stations).
For each market segment, market size and market shares are provided.
Around 150 companies have been monitored for this Report, and 50 case histories (mainly about public projects) reported.
Addresses of about 350 companies manufacturing outdoor lighting fixtures and mentioned in this research are also given.
- Worldwide market. Consumption of outdoor lighting fixtures, 2010-2015 estimated data. USD million, % share in value on total lighting consumption and % annual change
- Worldwide market. Consumption of outdoor lighting fixtures, 2010-2015 estimated data, by country or geographical area. USD million, % share in value on total lighting consumption and % annual change
- Worldwide market. Consumption of outdoor lighting fixtures, 2011 and 2015 by country and by geographical area. USD million
- Worldwide market. Consumption of outdoor lighting fixtures by product, 2011 and 2015 estimated data, by country or geographical area. % share in value
- West Europe, CE Europe, USA, China: Outdoor lighting. Breakdown of supply by product type, 2011-2013-2015. % share in value
2. Market Drivers
- Length of motorways, number of light points
- Saving energy
- Smart management of urban and street lighting
- Multilevel use of lighting poles
3. Lighting Source Breakdown: Focus On LED Lighting
Led outdoor lighting:
- Worldwide market. Consumption of Total lighting fixtures and LED based lighting fixtures by segment, 2010-2015 estimated data and 2016-2020 forecasts. USD million, % share in value and % annual change
Other lighting sources
- Worldwide market. Outdoor lighting sales breakdown by light sources in a sample of 70 among the leading lighting fixtures manufacturers, 2015
4. Distribution Channels
- Worldwide market. Outdoor lighting sales breakdown by distribution channel in a sample of 70 among the leading LED lighting manufacturers, 2015
5. Worldwide Competition, By Kind Of Product
Total outdoor lighting
- Worldwide market. Sales of outdoor lighting fixtures and market share for 100 among the leading companies
Residential / Consumer outdoor; City centers, architectural outdoor, city beautification; Christmas and Event lighting; Tunnels and galleries lighting; Streets and major roads lighting; Area lighting (parking, sporting plants, gas stations…)
- For each market segment: market size, sales data and market shares in a sample of leading companies are provided
6. Worldwide Competition, By Country
West Europe (Nordic countries, Belgium and Netherlands, United Kingdom and Ireland, France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece); Central East Europe; Russia & other CIS Countries; Turkey; Middle East; Africa; India; China; Japan; Asia Pacific and Oceania; United States; Latin America
- For each Regional cluster: market size, sales data and market shares in a sample of leading companies are provided
- For each Regional cluster: indicators (Metro population, GDP, % wealthy inhabitants) for the major towns, 2012-2020
Appendix: Addresses of 350 outdoor lighting companies worldwide
The outdoor lighting fixtures market worldwide is estimated to be worth around USD 20.4 billion, including around USD 10 billion of LED fixtures. Compared to 2010, the worldwide market for outdoor lighting fixtures registered a 33% growth in 2015 (6% yearly on average). 2015 registered a downturn, close to 3%. An average 5% growth is forecasted by CSIL for the coming five years.
Expected GDP and population trend for top 100 megacities and municipalities are given. Street lighting is the fastest growing segment. Specifically for outdoor lighting fixtures, we can estimate a 51% share for LED outdoor lighting in 2015, to be compared with 17% in 2011. Growth rate was over 80% in 2011, 20% in 2014 and 12% in 2015. Top 100 listed players hold a 45% market share.
- Al Babtain
- BL Group
- Crompton Greaves
- GE Lighting
- Kim Lighting
- lInesa Feilo
- Los Angeles
- Rouiba Eclairage
And many more.