Polyisobutylene (PIB) is a bright clear liquid obtained from polymerization of isobutene under catalyst system. It is widely used as an additive in the lubricants and fuels. Superior properties including corrosion resistance, oxidation stability, high thickening efficiency, and low electrical conductivity. The farfetched development of the automobile industry globally will fuel the polyisobutylene (PIB) market significantly over the next few years. The Polyisobutylene market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.92% during the forecast period 2020–2025.
Polyisobutylene Market Outlook
This report categorizes the Polyisobutylene market into various segments. On the basis of molecular weight, the market has been segmented into low molecular, medium molecular, and high molecular weight. The market is also categorized based on the applications, which include CASE (Coating/Adhesives/Sealants/Elastomers), lubricant/lubricant additives, fuel additives, cosmetics, and personal care and others.
Polyisobutylene Market Growth Drivers
Automobile industry has been the main market for fuel additives for many years. The share for automobile has always been significantly higher than that of any other fuel additives market segment owing to the increasing middle-class economy and lack of efficient fossil fuel alternatives. Relative importance of aviation for fuel additives has increased in recent years, eventually mounting the demand for polyisobutylene.
With the increase in frozen foods market, the market for the flexible packaging is also estimated to see an upsurge as it is necessary to store and transport it under controlled temperature conditions. Growing consumption of packaged and canned food is driving the poluisobutylene market.
Polyisobutylene Market Challenges
The key challenges for the polyisobutylene market are the presence of various alternatives such as styrene-butadiene rubber, nitrile rubber, and many more which may affect the polyisobutylene market and its price. Another challenge is the stringent environmental legislations: Production of PIB involves emission of harmful waste which is a cause of environmental concerns. The repeated incidents of Polyisobutylene spill pose danger to the ecology, which is raising global concerns.
Polyisobutylene Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2020, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the types of polyisobutylene in the global polyisobutylene market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of polyisobutylene and its specific applications in the polyisobutylene market.
Polyisobutylene Market Report: Industry Coverage
- Molecular Weight: Low molecular weight, medium molecular weight, and high molecular weight.
- Applications of Polyisobutylene: Coating/adhesive/sealants/elastomers, lubricant/lubricant additives, fuel additives, cosmetics, and personal care and others.
The Polyisobutylene market report also analyzes the regions and countries for the market.
The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North Americas (The U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
- South Americas (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, and Rest of South Americas)
- Europe (The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- APAC (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Rest of APAC)
- Rest of World (The Middle East and Africa)
Polyisobutylene Market Key Players Perspective
BASF SE and Lubrizol are the two major providers of Polyisobutylene. Ineos, TPC Group Inc. and Infineum are the other major companies in the polyisobutylene market.
BASF, through its broad range of products, constant product launches, and innovation, has been successful in catering to a variety of customers. Monitoring its future business involvements, analysts expect BASF to maintain its position in the market.
Polyisobutylene Market Trends
Innovations are the ongoing trend in fuel additives business, driven by legislation that changes the fuel specifications to meet the demand to use high-quality fuel. For example, the reduction of sulfur in the middle distillate fuels has led to the development of lubricity additive to protect the diesel injector pumps using PIB-based formulations.
The farfetched development of the automobile industry globally will fuel the polyisobutylene (PIB) market significantly over the next few years. Automobile manufacturers are increasingly investing in research & development activities along with technological innovations, which will further augment the PIB market.
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies.
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning.
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships.
- Explore the regional sales activities.
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for the current and future Polyisobutylene market during the forecast period 2020–2025.
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitor’s market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.
Research Best Practices
- The polyisobutylene market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2020-2025.
- The polyisobutylene market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
- The polyisobutylene market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
- The polyisobutylene market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
- The polyisobutylene market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
- The polyisobutylene market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
- The polyisobutylene market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
- The polyisobutylene market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
- The polyisobutylene market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.
Please Note: The report is to be delivered in 1-2 working days after an order is placed.
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Polyisobutylene - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by the Company
2.2 Key trends by Molecular Weight
2.3 Key trends by Application
2.4 Key trends segmented by geography
3. Polyisobutylene - Market Forces
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Constraints
3.3 Market Opportunities
3.4 Porters five force model
3.3.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining powers of customers
3.3.3 Threat of new entrants
3.3.4 Rivalry among existing players
3.3.5 Threat of substitutes
4. Polyisobutylene Market – By Molecular Weight (Market Size -$Billion, KT)
4.1 Low Molecular Weight
4.2 Medium Molecular Weight
4.3 High Molecular Weight
5. Polyisobutylene Market – By Application (Market Size -$Billion, KT)
5.1 CASE( Coating/ Adhesives/Sealants/Elastomers)
5.2 Lubricant/Lubricant Additives
5.3 Fuel Additives
5.4 Cosmetics and Personal Care
6. Polyisobutylene Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Billion, KT)
6.1 North America
6.2 South America
6.2.4 Rest of South America
6.3.7 Rest of Europe
6.4.4 South Korea
6.4.5 Rest of APAC
6.5 Rest of the World
6.5.1 Middle East
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Polyisobutylene Market - Entropy
8. Polyisobutylene Market Company Analysis
8.1 Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
8.2 BASF SE
8.11 Company 10 and more