In the first six months of 2016, global business jets shipment fell by 4.3% to reach 292 as compared with 3025 jets in the same period in 2015. Overall 2016 is expected to be a year of slow growth for the business jets industry caused largely by decreasing demand from emerging countries due to economic difficulties in Europe, China, and Brazil coupled with falling prices.
It forecasted that the next decade will see a global demand of 9,100 business jets valued at USD 259 billion. This is the total market value of the sector and is projected to grow at 3% CAGR annually over the next decade. Over the last decade, a total of 8,190 business jets were delivered, amounting to USD 198 billion. Globally, the United States continues to be the strongest market for business jets and is expected to remain so for the coming decade. The US market has been resilient despite the oil price plunge.
At present India has over 250 business jets, of which 130 are private aircrafts, owned by owned primarily by successful business men including Mukesh Ambani, Nita Ambani, Ratan Tata, Lakshmi Mittal and Anil Ambani. It is predicted that India will have close to 1,340 private planes in the next 20 years. Even though India is a strong growth market, the business jets industry is still in its nascent stage.
The private jet fleet in the country has recorded a compound annual growth rate of 8% over the past eight years, but still the fleet size is very less when compared with the leading private jet markets such as North America.
Currently, India outnumbers both China and Japan when it comes to the number of private jets. Most Indians who can afford a private jet refrain from buying one due to the infrastructural challenges, high costs and maintenance. However, the situation is now changing and more rich Indians are opting to fly on private jets.
Why should the report be purchased?
The report ‘A Study of India’s Business Jets Market 2016’ highlights key drivers of and trends emerging in the global business jet market. The current market scenario and future prospects of the sector has been examined in detail. Key global players in the business jets industry including Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., Bombardier Inc., Cessna Aircraft, Honeywell International Inc., Embraer S.A., Boeing and Dassault Aviation have been profiled. The report contains latest industry leader’s opinion.
Research methodology and delivery time
The author has conducted in depth secondary research to arrive at key insights. Data collected from key public industry sources and publications has been scanned and analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments which impact the sector dynamics have been captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
The report is available as single-site single-user license. The delivery time for the electronic version of the report is 2 business day as each copy undergoes thorough quality check and is updated with the most recent information available. The dispatch time for hard copies 3 business days, as each hard copy is custom printed for the client.
1. Global Business Jets Market
1.2 Performance & Statistics
2. India Aviation Sector
2.2 Performance & Statistics
3. India Business Jets Market
3.2 Performance & Statistics
3.3 Market Drivers
3.4 Sector Challenges
3.5 Sector Outlook
4. Competitive Landscape
4.1 Gulfstream Aerospace Corp.
4.2 Bombardier Inc.
4.3 Cessna Aircraft
4.4 Honeywell International Inc.
4.5 Embraer S.A.
4.6 Dassault Aviation
5. Other Emerging Business Jets Markets
5.2 Latin America
5.3 Middle East
6. List of Charts & Graphs
7. Research Methodology
List of Charts & Graphs
1. Global Market Outlook for Business Aviation (Segment Wise)
2. Worldwide Shipments of Business Jets by Country (till June 2016)
3. Number of Billionaires Worldwide Region Wise (2012-2014)
4. Global Number of Business Jet Delivered (2003-2014)
5. Number of Business Jets Registered Globally (2014)
6. Top Players: Business Jet Deliveries by Production Value (2013-2022)
7. Top Players: Business Jet Deliveries by Number (2013-2022)
8. Indian Business Jets Fleet (2005-2013)
9. India 20 Year Business Jets Fleet Forecast (2011,2023 - number of Jets)
10. Asia Pacific Business Jets Fleet by Number (2013 & 2014)
11. China Business Jets Fleet Breakdown by Manufacturer (%, 2014)
12. Hong Kong Business Jets Fleet Breakdown by Manufacturer (%, 2014)
13. Middle East Business Jets Market Size (2013, 2023 P, 2033 P, number of Jets)
14. Middle East Business Jets Fleet Ownership by Country (2013, number of jets)
15. Middle East No of Jets by Region (2014, %)