The Report “The lighting fixtures market in Latin America” is at its third edition; it is part of a wider study analysing the main lighting fixture markets in 70 countries, worldwide.
It provides historical statistical data 2010-2015 of Production, International trade and Market size of the lighting fixtures industry in Latin America, highlighting the two main market segments for lighting fixtures, residential lighting and non-residential lighting. Lighting Demand is broken down by segment (consumer/residential lighting, architectural/commercial lighting, industrial lighting and outdoor lighting) and by light source (Conventional and LED).
A breakdown of Latin America lighting fixtures exports and imports is provided by country and by geographical area of destination/origin.
The competitive system analyses the main companies present in the Latin American lighting fixtures market, with data on sales and market shares and short company profiles.
Countries covered: Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia (these five include market shares), and Venezuela (only historical data).
Lighting fixtures industry production is broken down by segment (residential lighting, commercial lighting, industrial lighting and outdoor lighting).
An overview of the lighting fixtures distribution system is provided, highlighting the main architectural companies involved in the lighting business, the main specialist importers and distributors of lighting fixtures and other large groups operating in the electrical supplies
Country economic indicators (including GDP, population indicators, construction indicators, wealth indicators) are also given
Trend of employment and turnover per employee in a sample of companies is also included.
Trend of exports and imports, by country and by geographical area, is given.
Addresses of about 230 lighting fixtures companies operating in Latin America are also included.
Lighting fixtures basic data:
- Production, international trade and consumption by country (Total lighting, Residential and Technical segments
- Historical statistical data 2010-2015 of production, international trade and market size of the lighting fixtures industry in Latin America, highlighting the two main market segments for lighting fixtures, residential lighting and technical lighting
- Exports and imports of lighting fixtures by country of production and by country of destination
- Exports and imports by typology of fixtures (residential lighting, commercial lighting, lighting fixtures components, Christmas and traffic lighting
- LED and conventional lighting sources
- Sales of LED lighting fixtures and market share for 50 among the leading companies
- Number of employees and average turnover per employee in a sample of companie
- Lighting fixtures sales and market share of 50 among the top local and international manufacturers: total lighting sales and sales by segment (residential, commercial, industrial, outdoor)
- Real GDP rate of growth by region, 2010-2015
- Projected growth in 2016
- Map of the main cities in Latin America
- Access to electricity
- Tourism contribution to GD
Part II Country Profiles - The lighting fixtures market in Latin America by country
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
- Basic data and activity trend: lighting fixtures production, international trade and consumption, 2010-2015 (Total lighting, residential and technical lighting)
- International trade: exports and imports of Lighting fixtures and components by country and geographical area
- Competitive system: estimated lighting fixtures sales and market shares among the major local and international players
- Distribution system
- Demand drivers: Economic and Population indicators
The lighting fixtures market in Latin America has been evaluated to be USD 5.6 billion in 2015, which reflects an average yearly increase of over 4.5% since 2007, when lighting market in Latin America was estimated in USD 3.8 billion. Most of the overall USD 2.1 billion export comes from Mexico and it is directed towards the United States. Imports, which are worth around USD 1.4 billion, represent 25% of overall consumption.
Decorative and residential lighting fixtures weight around 40% of the total market. Market share for the top 30 companies range around 30% in most of the considered countries. In Latin America, the exploitation of fluorescent lighting sources is still the most relevant part of the market, but LED run now over 10%.
- 180 Grados Iluminacion
- Acuity Brands Mexico
- Cooper Lighting by Eaton
- Fael do Brasil
- FSL Lighting
- Golden Iluminacao
- Home Depot
- Inesa Feilo
- Leds C4
- Philips do Brazil
- Schreder Colombia