What are Electric Wheel Chairs?
Electric wheelchairs, often called as power chairs or motorized wheelchairs, which can be utilized by disabled and senior citizens. These wheel chairs do not require any human assistance for mobility since they are operated by battery. The most obvious advantage of an electric wheelchair is that it is user friendly and convenient and very useful for those unable to use a manual wheelchair or those who may want to use a wheelchair for travelling longer distances, and in such a case, using a manual wheelchair is very difficult. These wheelchairs are not only used by the people with impairments, but also by those having cardiovascular and asthma based conditions.
What are the major applications for Electric Wheel Chair?
The applications of electric wheelchairs include Hospitals (patient transfer, upper and lower body positioning, and pelvic positioning) Rehab Centers, Sports and Athletics (Motocross racing, Basketball, Rugby, Lawn Tennis) and Home (Manual mobility, Powered mobility and Corpus seating) and many more.
Electric Wheel Chair Market
Market Research and Market Trends of Electric Wheel Chair Market
The Motocross racing is quite a commercial sport in the disabled community. The athletes adapt Bicycle Motocross X (BMX) tricks and do a variety of high-performance level stunts using electric wheelchairs. The BMX sports wheelchair was designed as a first model and is being developed particularly for BMX like wheelchair activities. The design varies from the standard wheelchair in lot of ways including the multi-link suspension, placement of the front casters and close placement of handlebars. The frame of the wheelchair is made from round tubing and maintains rigidity through straight lines. Similar to a mountain bike, it also has a multi-link suspension, with dual coil-over shocks. All these modifications allow the athlete to achieve their best in the sport.
The company Foldawheel has recently introduced a power wheelchair called Pegasus II which is lightest in weight and allows you to easily practice stand up or sit down by power control function and roll manually. The up or down position is controlled by a small controller at the tip of the armrest. This wheelchair is suitable for people having one workable hand or limb. The users health is greatly improved by frequently stand up and stand down activity. It serves as a physiotherapy equipment for hospitals, home or rehab centers.
Who are the Major Players in Electric Wheel Chair Market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Invacare Corporation, OttoBock Healthcare GmbH, Permobil AB, Pride Mobility Products Corporation, Sunrise Medical Inc. and more than 25 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
2. Executive Summary
3. Electric Wheel Chair Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End user profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Electric Wheel Chair – Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Electric Wheel Chair Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Electric wheel chair Market - By Type
6.1. Centre Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
6.2. Front Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
6.3. Standing Electric Wheelchair
6.4. Rear Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
7. Electric wheel chair Market - By End User
7.1.1. Patient Transfer
7.1.2. Pelvic Positioning
7.1.3. Upper Body Positioning
7.1.4. Lower Body Positioning
7.2. Rehab Centers
7.3.1. Manual Mobility
7.3.2. Powered Mobility
7.3.3. Corpus Seating
7.4. Sports and Athletics
7.4.1. Motocross racing
7.4.4. Wheelchair Curling
7.4.5. Lawn Tennis
8. Electric Wheel Chair Market – By Geography
8.1. North America
8.2. South America
8.2.7. Costa Rica
8.4.3. South Korea
8.4.7. Hong Kong
8.5. Middle East& Africa
9. Market Entropy
9.1. New Product Launches
9.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Invacare Corporation
10.2. OttoBock Healthcare GmbH
10.3. Permobil AB
10.4. Pride Mobility Products Corporation
10.5. Sunrise Medical Inc.
*More than 20 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
11.3. Research Methodology
11.5. Compilation of Expert Insights