This newsletter will help you stay ahead of the game in this fast-changing market with real-time reporting on the entire fungicide industry chain, from raw materials to end consumption. It includes breaking news from China and abroad, the latest market data (price, import & export, production, consumption, operating rates, etc.), in-depth analysis of market trends, and expert commentary from industry insiders.
Here is the Editor's Note for you to know about the July issue specifically:
With the development of fungicides business, domestic pesticide enterprises are busy strengthening their competitiveness in the field. For instance, Limin Chemical started the integration of propineb supply chain; Shandong Vicome Greenland's fungicides plants will begin productions; Zhejiang Xinnong wants to enter the pyraclostrobin market through the IPO by establishing a pyraclostrobin project; Chongqing Chemical started construction of its 2,000 t/a pyraclostrobin TC project; Lanfeng Bio-Chem terminated its plan to buy 100% stock rights of Double Whale Pharmaceutical; Jiangsu Huifeng launched first ternary mixture seed coating agent.
Notably, no fungicide was registered in June, given that the new Regulations on Pesticides Administration came into effect on 1 June, which, compared with the old one, has so many differences in registration rules.
* Fungicides China News is a monthly published newsletter, which can be downloaded in PDF format. The subscription mode for this newsletter is yearly and the subscriber will receive 12 issues per year.
- Editor's Note
- Column 1 Market Dynamics
- CCNU's novel pesticides to be commercialized
- 2016 List of Contributive Plant Protection Products highlights fungicides
- Pyraclostrobin competition gets hot in China
- Column 2 Company Dynamics
- Limin Chemical starts the integration of propineb supply chain
- Shandong Vicome Greenland: fungicides plants to begin productions
- Zhejiang Xinnong to enter the pyraclostrobin market
- Chongqing Chemical to seek new profit source from fungicides
- Lanfeng Bio-Chem terminates the acquisition of Double Whale Pharmaceutical
- Column 3 Import and Export
- China’s export volume of prochloraz formulations up by 78.66% YoY during Jan.-April
- Column 4 Registration
- Pyraclostrobin mixtures lead registration of pyraclostrobin in China
- No fungicide registered in China in June
- Column 5 Policy
- MOA seeks opinions on 6 regulations related to pesticide registrations
- Column 6 Diseases
- Watch out for rice sheath blight in hot and humid weather
- Predictions on occurrence of major crop diseases in Shandong Province in H2 2017
- Main rice diseases: overview and forecast in 2017
- Potato late blight to extremely occur during H2 July and H1 Sept.
- Column 7 Brief News
- Mixture between pyraclostrobin and tebuconazole effective for grape ripe rot
- Shandong Province starts to check potential risks in chemical industry
- Jiangsu Province produces 40% pesticides of national total
- Jiangsu Huifeng launches first ternary mixture seed coating agent
- Recyclable pH controlled release pesticide developed
- Shandong Kangqiao has a larger pyraclostrobin family
- Column 8 Price Update
- Ex-works prices of main fungicides in China, 8 July, 2017
- Shanghai Port prices of main fungicides in China, 8 July, 2017
- FOB Shanghai prices of main fungicides in China, 8 July, 2017
CCNU's novel pesticides to be commercialised
In June this year, Central China Normal University (CCNU) disclosed that its new fungicide Y14079 (lab code) had been bought by Zhejiang Boshida Crop Science Co., Ltd. (Zhejiang Boshida), who is the holding subsidiary of Hangzhou Udragon Chemical Co., Ltd. That was the sixth transferred new fungicide of the research team led by Professor Yang Guangfu. They are 2 herbicides and 4 fungicides.
So far, 6 compounds have been transferred, including fungicides: Y14079, benzothiostrobin, Y13149 and Y12196; herbicides Kuicaotong (lab code Y13161) and Jiaji Kuicaotong (lab code Y13161). The above mentioned compounds are expected to be registered by 2020.
Besides, as introduced by Professor Yang Guangfu, several more promising compounds were being researched by its team, such as fungicide Y14078 (lab code).
Y14079 has been transferred to Zhejiang Boshida
Y14079 is particularly efficient for downy mildew and also effective for rice bacterial blight. It has good activity as amisulbrom does, but remarkably better than cyazofami. It has been transferred to Zhejiang Boshida.
According to the Transfer Agreement, Zhejiang Boshida will be responsible for the registration, production and marketing of Y14079.
Benzothiostrobin has been transferred to Jiangsu Sevencontinent
Y5247 (lab code) is strobilurin fungicide with a broad spectrum, efficient for powdery mildew, downy mildew, brown spot, anthracnose and scab. It has equally good activity as azoxystrobin does, but boasts much lower dosage and production costs. It has been transferred to Jiangsu Sevencontinent Green Chemical Co., Ltd. (Jiangsu Sevencontinent).
Y13149 and Y12196 have been transferred to Beijing Yoloo
Y13149 (lab code) and Y12196 (lab code) are all SDHI fungicides.They were transferred to Beijing Yoloo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (Beijing Yoloo) in 2014.
As disclosed by Professor Yang, Y13149 was especially efficient for rice sheath blight, and also for powdery mildew and potato late blight. Its production costs was less than USD29,510.71/t, but the efficacy was much better than thifluzamide. Y12196 very well controls rice sheath blight, potato late blight and rape sclertiniose, and particularly efficient for gray mold. Its production costs was less than USD22,133.03/t, but the efficacy was much better than boscalid.
Kuicaotong and Jiaji Kuicaotong have been transferred to Shandong Cynda
Kuicaotong (lab code Y13161) and Jiaji Kuicaotong (lab code Y13161) are herbicides and belong to HPPD inhibitors. They were transferred to Shandong Cynda Chemical (Group) Co., Ltd. (Shandong Cynda) in 2016.
Kuicaotong and Jiaji Kuicaotong are broad-spectrum herbicides, efficient for broad-leaf weeds and Gramineae weeds, especially for green bristlegrass. It is fast-effective.
Notably, the president of Shandong Cynda emphasised that it was to accelerate the launch of the above-mentioned herbicides when the company was listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange on 11 May, 2017.
Several promising compounds with high activity are under researches
"We are also developing several promising compounds with high activity, such as Y14078 (lab code), and it is effective for downy mildew," said Professor Yang. So far, it has been applied patents both in China and globally, and will also be transferred to an enterprise.
Like Y14079, Y14078 has also good control effects for downy mildew as amisulbrom does, but much better than that of cyazofami. It is effective for rice bacterial blight. Besides, Y14078 has different mechanism of action and can be used for resistant pathogenic bacteria.