The North America fat replacers market is a mature market and is estimated to register a 6.7% CAGR. Fat replacers chemically resemble fats, derived from proteins, or carbohydrates. The rise in obesity and growing consumer awareness about fat replacer products has increased the demand in the North American market, many folds.
North America fat replacer market is well developed due to significant awareness about the need to limit fat-intake and control the risks of obesity, heart diseases, some types of cancer, etc. The fat replacers market is expected to exhibit a healthy growth during the following years, with a majority of the sales sourced from mature markets for carbohydrate and protein-based fat replacers. The growing consumer anxiety regarding the health issues related to fat replacers and the taste concern, when compared to their full-fat counterparts, are suppressing the current fat replacers market growth.
The North America fat replacers industry is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the fat replacer products can be further segmented into carbohydrate-based fat replacers, protein-based fat replacers, and lipid-based fat replacers. Carbohydrate-based fat replacers continue to lead the market for fat replacers due to their status as US FDA recognized GRAS substances. The major end-use industries, such as dairy, meat, bakery, and confectionary, analyzed the growing application of fat replacers is baked goods, frozen desserts, processed meat products, dairy products, snack products, etc. The North America fat replacer market has been geographically segmented into the United States, Canada, Mexico, and others.
North America holds the largest share in the fat replacer product market, globally. The United States is a key market, among all the North American countries, followed by Canada and Mexico. Most of the major brands manufacturing fat replacers are located in the United States, who also distributes their products, globally. Mexico has a great scope for growth in the fat replacer food market owing to its growing economy.
- November 2015 - Cargill launched a unique starch enabling a minimum of 50% fat reduction in yoghurt. CreamTex™06329 modified starch is a unique fat replacer that enables a minimum of 50% fat reduction with minimal impact on the taste and mouth feel of yoghurt.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trends
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Alarming Rise in Obesity Levels and Fat-cutting in Regular Diet
3.1.2 Increased Demand for a Low-Calorie Diet
3.2.1 Low Sensory (Taste) Acceptance
3.3.1 Mounting Demand from End-use Markets (B2B)
3.3.2 Demand for Fat Replacers with Enhanced Flavor and Texture
3.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.1 By Sources
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Processed Meat
4.2.2 Bakery & Confectioneries
4.2.3 Food Additives
4.2.5 Convenience Foods
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland
6.2 California Natural Products
6.3 CP Kelco
6.4 Del Monte Foods
6.5 FMC Corporation
6.6 Frito-Lay Inc.
6.7 Grain Processing Corporation
6.8 Gum Technology Corporation
6.9 Kraft Foods
6.10 P&G Food Ingredients
6.11 TIC Gums Inc.
6.12 Unilever Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland
- California Natural Products
- CP Kelco
- Del Monte Foods
- FMC Corporation
- Frito-Lay Inc.
- Grain Processing Corporation
- Gum Technology Corporation
- Kraft Foods
- P&G Food Ingredients
- TIC Gums Inc.
- Unilever Inc.