Lithium battery is primarily composed of cathode materials, anode materials, separator, and electrolyte. Anode materials, one of vital raw materials, make up 5%-15% of lithium battery cost.
Currently, global lithium battery anode materials industry is concentrated in China and Japan, which occupy more than 95% of anode materials sales worldwide. Japanese enterprises are in a leading position technologically while China boasts obvious cost advantages in anode materials production because of abundant graphite mineral resources.
China produced 122.5 kilotons of anode materials in 2016, up 68.3% year on year. Driven by new energy vehicle demand, China’s production of anode materials is expected to register a high CAGR of 30-35% in upcoming years, and then reach 295 kilotons in 2020.
In 2016, BTR, Hitachi Chemical, Shanshan, Mitsubishi Chemical, Nippon Carbon and JFE Chemical took top six positions in global anode materials market share ranking (by sales volume), claiming a combined 71.1% share, with Hitachi Chemical, Shanshan, Nippon Carbon and JFE Chemical specializing in artificial graphite, BTR and Mitsubishi Chemical in natural graphite.
So far, China has established a relatively complete industrial chain for anode materials, with three regions i.e. Pearl River Delta, Yangtze River Delta, and Central China (Hunan and Henan) formed. With a high regional concentration, the number of anode materials production enterprises in the three regions accounts for over 80% of the national total.
As concerns competitive landscape of key players, Shenzhen BTR New Energy Materials, Shanshan Techology and Jiangxi Zichen Technology still occupy the top three slots despite a gradually narrowing gap in market share, especially in output value between Jiangxi Zichen Technology and Shanshan Technology. Second-tier manufactures such as Shenzhen Sinuo Industrial Development, Huzhou Chuangya Power Battery Materials, Hunan Shinzoom Technology, Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Sc. & Tech. and Fujian XFH New Energy Materials (formerly Shenzhen XFH Technology) driven by the power battery market keep rapid growth in output value, e.g. XFH benefiting from BYD, Guangzhou Great Power Energy & Technology and other power battery companies.
The report highlights the following:
- Market size and forecast, competitive landscape, new anode materials development, etc. of global lithium-ion battery anode materials industry;
- Policies, market size and forecast, competitive landscape, price trend, etc. of China’s lithium-ion battery anode materials industry;
- Market size, competitive landscape, imports & exports, price trend, etc. of global and China’s raw material industries (graphite, silicon carbide, lithium titanate, graphene, etc.) of anode materials;
- Market size, competitive landscape, analysis and forecast for the demand for anode materials, etc. of global and China’s lithium battery industries;
- Profile, anode materials business, operation, etc. of 15 global and Chinese anode materials manufacturers;
- Profile, lithium titanate materials business, operation, etc. of 3 global and Chinese lithium titanate materials producers.
- The Chinese Version of this Report is Available on Request.
1 Overview of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Material
1.2 Industry Chain
2 Global Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials Market
2.1 Market Size
2.2 Competitive Landscape
2.3 New Anode Materials
2.3.1 Lithium Titanate
2.3.2 Hard Carbon/Soft Carbon
2.3.3 Silicon-based Composites
3 Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials Market
3.1 Industrial Policy
3.2 Market Size
3.3 Competitive Landscape
3.4 Price Trend
4 Upstream Raw Materials Market
4.1.1 Global Market
4.1.2 Chinese Market
4.2 Silicon Carbide
4.2.1 Global Market
4.2.2 Chinese Market
4.3 Lithium Titanate
4.3.1 Global Market
4.3.2 Chinese Market
4.5 Hard Carbon/Soft Carbon
4.6 Mesocarbon Microbead (MCMB)
5 Downstream Lithium-ion Battery Market
5.1 Market Size
5.2 Market Structure
5.3 Competitive Landscape
5.4 Demand Analysis
5.4.1 Consumer Electronics (3C)
5.4.2 Electric Vehicle
5.4.3 Industrial Energy Storage
6 World Famous Anode Material Companies
6.1 Hitachi Chemical
6.1.2 Development History and Outlook
6.1.3 Production Base
6.1.4 Lithium-ion Battery Anode Material Business
6.1.5 Layout in China
6.1.6 Core Competitiveness
6.1.7 Operating Data
6.2 Mitsubishi Chemical
6.2.2 Development History and Outlook
6.2.3 Production Base
6.2.4 Lithium-ion Battery Anode Material Business
6.2.5 Layout in China
6.2.6 Core Competitiveness
6.2.7 Operating Data
6.3 Nippon Carbon
6.3.2 Development History
6.3.3 Production Base
6.3.4 Operating Data
6.4 JFE Chemical
6.5.2 Production Base
6.5.3 Lithium-ion Battery Anode Material Business
6.5.4 Layout in China
6.5.5 Core Competitiveness
6.5.6 Operating Data
7 Major Chinese Anode Material Companies
7.1 Shenzhen BTR New Energy Materials Co., Ltd.
7.1.2 Industrial Layout
7.1.3 Development History and Outlook
7.1.4 Products, Technologies and Solutions
7.1.5 Customer Support
7.1.6 Production and Sales
7.1.7 Core Competitiveness
7.1.8 Operating Data
7.2 Shanshan Technology Co., Ltd.
7.2.3 Development History and Outlook
7.2.4 Products, Technologies and Solutions
7.2.5 Customer Support
7.2.6 Production and Sales
7.2.7 Core Competitiveness
7.2.8 Operating Data
7.3 Hunan Shinzoom Technology Co., Ltd.
7.3.2 Development History and Outlook
7.3.3 Products, Technologies and Solutions
7.3.4 Core Competitiveness
7.3.5 Operating Data
7.4 Huzhou Chuangya Power Battery Materials Co., Ltd.
7.4.2 Products, Technologies and Solutions
7.4.3 Customer Support
7.4.4 Production and Sales
7.4.5 Core Competitiveness
7.4.6 Operating Data
7.5 Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
7.5.2 Development History and Outlook
7.5.3 Products, Technologies and Solutions
7.5.4 Customer Support
7.5.5 Supply System
7.5.6 Production and Sales
7.5.7 Operating Data
7.6.1 Jiangxi Zichen Technology Co., Ltd.
7.6.2 Shenzhen Sinuo Industrial Development Co., Ltd.
7.6.3 Hunan Morgan Hairong New Materials Co., Ltd.
7.6.4 Dalian Hongguang Lithium Co., Ltd.
7.6.5 Tianjin Kimwan Carbon Technology and Development Co., Ltd.
8 Major Lithium Titanate Material Companies
8.1 Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd.
8.1.2 Development History and Outlook
8.1.3 Production Base
8.1.4 Lithium Titanate Material Business
8.1.5 Operating Data
8.2 Xing Neng New Materials Co., Ltd.
8.2.3 Lithium Titanate Material Business
8.3 Altairnano Inc
8.3.2 Development History and Outlook
8.3.4 Lithium Titanate Material Business
List of Charts
- Cost Structure of Lithium Battery
- Classification of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials
- Performance Comparison of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials (by Category)
- Value Chain of Lithium-ion Power Battery
- Production Processes of Lithium-ion Power Battery
- Global Shipments of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials, 2010-2020E
- Global Anode Material Product Structure, 2015-2020E
- Competitive Pattern of Global Anode Materials Companies, 2016
- Capacity Proposed/under Construction of Global Anode Material Producers, 2016
- Major Suppliers and Buyers of Anode Materials Worldwide (by Product)
- Specific Capacitance Comparison of Commercial Anode Materials
- Merits and Demerits of Lithium Titanate Anode Material
- Major Suppliers and Applications of Hard Carbon/Soft Carbon
- Performance Comparison of Si/C Anode Material Batteries
- Application Examples of Si/C Anode Material
- Output of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials and Demand for Graphene in China, 2014-2018E
- Policies on Lithium Battery Industry in China
- Requirements on Performance Indicators of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials in China, 2015
- Output of Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials in China, 2010-2020E
- Output Value of Lithium Battery Anode Materials and YoY Growth in China, 2010-2020E
- Sales Volume of Anode Materials in China as a Percentage of Global Total, 2010-2020E
- Rankings of Major Anode Material Producers in China, 2016H1
- Price Trend of Anode Materials in China, 2010-2020E
- Production Process of Natural Graphite
- Global Graphite Basic Reserves by Country/Region, 2015
- Major Crystalline Flake Graphite Producing Areas Worldwide
- Major Amorphous Graphite Producing Areas Worldwide
- Price Trend of Graphite in China, 2014-2016 (RMB10,000/ton)
- Graphite Consumption Structure in China, 2015
- Distribution of Crystal Graphite Resource Reserves in China, 2015
- Global SiC Capacity by Region, 2015
- Global Downstream SiC Demand Structure, 2009-2016
- Capacity of Major SiC Producers in China, 2016
- China’s SiC Imports (Volume/Value), 2009-2016
- Top10 Sources of SiC Imports in China by Import Volume, 2016
- Top10 Provinces with SiC Imports in China by Import Volume, 2016
- China’s SiC Exports (Volume/Value), 2009-2016
- Top10 Destinations of SiC Exports from China by Export Volume, 2016
- Top10 Provinces with SiC Exports in China by Export Volume, 2016
- Average Import and Export Prices of SiC in China, 2009-2016
- Price Trend of Black SiC Lump (98%) in China, 2016-2017
- Price Trend of Black SiC Grit Sand in China, 2016-2017
- Price Trend of Black SiC Powder in China, 2016-2017
- Price Trend of Green SiC Lump (98%) in China, 2016-2017
- Price Trend of Green SiC Powder Subject to European Standards in China, 2016-2017
- Price Trend of Green SiC Powder Subject to Japanese Standards in China, 2016-2017
- Lithium Titanate Producers and Their Capacity in China, 2015
- Global Graphene Demand Structure by Sector, 2015
- Global Graphene Market Size, 2012-2020E
- Major Graphene Producers Worldwide
- Price of Graphene, 2004-2015
- Structure of Lithium Battery
- Market Share of Power Batteries by Material, 2016
- Global Lithium Battery Industry Scale, 2010-2020E
- Global Lithium Battery Sales Structure by Country, 2011-2016
- China’s Lithium Battery Sales Structure by Province, 2013-2016
- Global Lithium Battery Manufacturer Echelons
- Competitive Pattern of Global Lithium Power Battery Manufacturers, 2016
- Output of Major Power Battery Companies Worldwide, 2015-2016H1
- Competitive Pattern of Lithium Battery Market in China, 2016
- Major Lithium Battery Manufacturers in China
- Lithium -ionPower Battery Supply System in China
- Market Share of Lithium-ion Power Batteries by Application in China, 2016
- Shipments of Major Battery Manufacturers, 2016 (MWh)
- Applications of Lithium-ion Batteries
- Global Lithium Battery Demand Structure, 2012-2020E
- Global Demand from Consumer Electronics for Lithium-ion Battery and Growth Rate, 2013-2020E
- Global Sales Volume of Mobile Phones and Demand for Lithium-ion Battery, 2012-2020E
- Global Sales Volume of Tablet Computers and Demand for Lithium-ion Battery, 2012-2020E
- Competitive Landscape of Global Tablet Computer Market, 2013-2016
- Global Sales Volume of Notebook Computers and Demand for Lithium-ion Battery, 2012-2020E
- Capacity and Endurance of Batteries of Major Electric Vehicles Worldwide
- Single-vehicle Battery Capacity of Electric Passenger Cars Worldwide, 2011-2020E
- Production and Sales of New Energy Vehicle (by Type) in China, 2011-2016
- Production and Sales of New Energy Vehicle in China, 2016-2020E
- Sales Volume of Electric Passenger Cars (EV&PHEV) in China, 2011-2020E
- Demand for Power Lithium-ion Battery (by Type) in China, 2011-2020E
- Demand for Energy Storage Lithium Battery in China, 2014-2020E
- Demand Structure of Energy Storage Lithium Battery (by Sector) in China, 2020E
- Major Chinese Manufacturers of Energy Storage Battery
- Development Course of Hitachi Chemical
- Presence of Hitachi Chemical’s Major Subsidiaries
- Main Business Divisions and Their Business of Hitachi Chemical
- Hitachi Chemical’s Layout in China
- Financial Factsheet of Hitachi Chemical, FY2010-FY2016
- Global Marketing Network of Mitsubishi Chemical
- Development Course of Mitsubishi Chemical
- Key Production Bases of Mitsubishi Chemical
- Lithium-ion Battery Anode Material Production Bases and Capacities of Mitsubishi Chemical, 2015
- Presence of Mitsubishi Chemical in China
- Financial Factsheet of Mitsubishi Chemical, FY2008-FY2015
- Development Course of Nippon Carbon
- Presence of Nippon Carbon’s Headquarters, Production Bases and Branches, 2016
- Presence of Nippon Carbon’s Subsidiaries, 2016
- Financial Factsheet of Nippon Carbon, 2011-2016
- Presence of Kureha’s Production Bases, 2016
- Kureha’s Subsidiaries in China and Their Prime Business, 2015
- Financial Factsheet of Kureha, 2010-2016
- Industrial Layout of BTR
- BTR’s Key Subsidiaries and Their Capacity, 2016
- Subsidiaries of BTR
- Development Course of BTR
- Major Anode Material Products of BTR
- Revenue and Net Income of BTR, 2012-2016
- Affiliates of Shanshan Technology
- Anode Material Development Histories of Shanghai Shanshan Technology and Shanshan Corporation
- Anode Material Product Series of Shanshan Technology
- Revenue and Net Income of Shanshan Technology, 2012-2016
- Development Course of Hunan Shinzoom Technology
- Anode Material Product Series of Hunan Shinzoom Technology
- Specifications of Artificial Graphite Products of Hunan Shinzoom Technology
- Specifications of Natural Graphite Products of Hunan Shinzoom Technology
- Specifications of Composite Artificial Graphite
- Revenue and Net Income of Hunan Shinzoom Technology, 2012-2016
- Revenue Structure (by Product) of Hunan Shinzoom Technology, 2012-2015
- Anode Material Product Series of Huzhou Chuangya Power Battery Materials
- Revenue and Net Income of Huzhou Chuangya Power Battery Materials, 2012-2015
- Development Course of Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Technology
- Anode Material Product Series of Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Technology
- Name List and Revenue Contribution of Top 5 Clients of Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Technology, 2015
- Revenue and Net Income of Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Technology, 2012-2016
- Development Course of Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha
- Presence of Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha’s Affilates
- Financial Factsheet of Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, FY2011-FY2016
- Presence of Xing Neng New Materials’ Affilates
- Development Course of Altairnano
- Altairnano Inc
- Dalian Hongguang Lithium Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Chemical
- Hunan Morgan Hairong New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Hunan Shinzoom Technology Co., Ltd.
- Huzhou Chuangya Power Battery Materials Co., Ltd.
- Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, Ltd.
- JFE Chemical
- Jiangxi Zhengtuo New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Zichen Technology Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Nippon Carbon
- Shanshan Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen BTR New Energy Materials Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Sinuo Industrial Development Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Kimwan Carbon Technology and Development Co., Ltd.
- Xing Neng New Materials Co., Ltd.