This comprehensive report will assist diagnostics industry executives, as well as companies planning to diversify into the dynamic and rapidly expanding microbiology testing market, in evaluating emerging opportunities and developing effective business strategies.
Microbiology testing is one of the most rapidly growing segments of the in vitro diagnostics industry, and the greatest challenge facing suppliers during this decade. Among the main driving forces is continuing spread of AIDS, which remains the world's major health threat and a key factor contributing to the rise of opportunistic infections; threat of bioterrorism; advances in molecular diagnostic technologies; and a wider availability of immunosuppressive drugs.
Although for some infections the etiology is still a mystery, while for others the causative microorganisms are present in minute concentrations long before the occurrence of first clinical symptoms, recent advances in genetic engineering and detection technologies are creating exciting opportunities for highly sensitive, specific and cost-effective products.
Opportunities and Strategic Recommendations
- Emerging opportunities for new instrumentation, reagents kits, IT and other products with significant market appeal during the next five years.
- Design criteria for decentralized testing products.
- Alternative market penetration strategies.
- Potential market entry barriers and risks.
AIDS/HIV, Adenovirus, Aeromonads, Bartonella, Blastocystis Hominis, Campylobacter, Candida, Carbapenemase, Chancroid, Chlamydia, Clostridium, Coronavirus, Coxsackievirus, Cryptosporidium, Cyclospora, CMV, E. Coli, Echovirus, Encephalitis, Enterovirus, EBV, Giardia, Gonorrhea, Granuloma Inguinale, Hantavirus, H. Pylori, Hepatitis, Herpes, Influenza, Legionella, Lyme Disease, Lymphogranuloma, Malaria, Measles, Meningitis, Microsporidium, Mononucleosis, Mumps, Mycoplasma, Norovirus, HPV, Parvovirus, Pneumonia, Polyomaviruses, Pseudomonas, Rabies, RSV, Rhinovirus, Rotavirus, Rubella, Salmonella, Septicemia, Shigella, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Syphilis, Toxoplasmosis, Trichomonas, TB, Vibrio, West Nile, Yersinia.
Market Segmentation Analysis
- Sales and market shares of major suppliers by individual test and country.
- Volume and sales forecasts for over 100 infectious disease assays by country, individual test and market segment.
- Test volume estimates by method (molecular, serology/immunodiagnostics, culture/microscopy).
- Review of the market dynamics, trends, structure, size, growth and major suppliers by country.
- In-depth examination of over 100 major diseases, including their etiology, current diagnostic tests, vaccines, drugs and market needs.
- Review of major analyzers used for infectious disease testing, including their operating characteristics, features and selling prices.
- Assessment of molecular diagnostic, monoclonal antibody, immunoassay, and other technologies and their potential applications for infectious disease testing.
- Global listings of companies developing or marketing infectious disease diagnostic products by individual test.
- Strategic assessments of major suppliers and emerging market entrants, including their sales, product portfolios, marketing tactics, collaborative arrangements and new products in R&D.
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- Eiken Chemical
- Elitech Group
- Enzo Biochem
- GSK Biologicals
- Leica Biosystems
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers
- Takara Bio
- Thermo Fisher