"Cigarettes in Albania, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Though Albania is a small country with a low population it has very high rates of smoking, around 38% of the total population, due to low levels of taxation, low cost, and the ubiquitous nature of cheap non-duty cigarettes. The government is trying to limit and stop smoking among citizens by increasing taxes, limiting advertisement, and cracking down on illegal cigarette production and smuggling. However, the market is expected to remain stable despite government intervention.
- Per capita consumption levels are similar to levels prevailing in the early 1990s, standing at 592 pieces/year in 2016 on a duty paid basis.
- If estimated non-duty paid sales is included the average rises to 2,500 pieces.
- Duty paid sales are currently being affected by changes to Albania’s system of taxation with excise duties being hiked between 2015 and 2017.
- Duty paid sales are expected to be impacted by this increase which will result in higher prices.
- Volumes in 2026 are forecast at 1.9 billion pieces with per capita consumption at 609 pieces and 2.9% above that in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption Duty Paid v Contraband, 1998-2016, Million Pieces
Table 2: Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Duty Paid Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Planned Changes in Excise Duty, 2015-2017
Table 5: Annual Change in Consumer Tobacco Prices, 2000-2016
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 7: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2007 & 2009
Table 8: Cigarette Production, 1990-2011
Table 9: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015
Table 10: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, %
Table 12: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology