"Cigarettes in Austria, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Austria has seen fairly stable volumes of around 13.5-15.5 billion pieces since 1990 although volumes have been falling annually since 2011. The latest data for 2016 put sales at 12.53 billion pieces or 13.0% below 1990 levels. However, the domestic market is forecast to decline by 20.8% between 2016 and 2026 due to smoking restrictions and the decline in smoking among Austrian males.
- The latest data for 2016 put sales at 12.53 billion pieces or 13.0% below 1990 levels.
- There has been no local production since JTI closed the Hainburg facility in 2012.
- The market is broadly split between full flavor and light products which account for 50% of the market each.
- Forecasts suggest a gradually declining market long term, with bsolute volumes forecasted to decline by 20.8% over the period 2016-2026.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2002-2016, Billion Pieces
Table 3: Total Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v RYO/MYO, 2009-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 5: Retail Sales, Value, 1990-2015
Table 6: Cigarette Consumption by Type, 2000-2013, Million Pieces
Table 7: Cigarette Consumption by Type, 2000-2013, % Breakdown
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, %
Table 10: Brand Family Shares, 2004-2016, % of total
Table 11: Market Shares of Leading Brand Variants, 2000-2006 & 2010-2016, %
Table 12: Summary of Taxation Rates, 2003-2016
Table 13: EU Countries, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
Table 14: Tobacco Wholesale Price Index, 2005-2015
Table 15: Comparison of Prices of Leading Brands, 2002-2015, €/20
Table 16: Cigarette Prices, 2016
Table 17: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 18: Smoking Population by Region & Gender, 1997
Table 19: Cigarette Production, 1990-2011
Table 20: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2015
Table 21: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 22: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, %
Table 23: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2015
Table 24: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology