"Cigarettes in Argentina, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The country has one of the largest cigarette markets in Latin America with combined duty and non-duty paid volumes of 36 billion pieces in 2016. Average per capita consumption rates stood down at 776 pieces in 2016 although higher if the non-duty paid sector is included. There are estimated to be 10.5 million smokers in Argentina with 33.8% of adults aged 18 years and over being smokers in 2016; 35.7% of men smoke compared with 32.0% of women in 2016. This is high by international standards.
- The market is essentially contested between two companies, which are both controlled by major multinationals: Massalin Particulares (94.7% owned by PMI) and BAT Argentina, formerly Nobleza-Piccardo.
- Total sales are forecast to end 2026 down 0.2% on 2016 levels at 33.6 billion pieces.
- Per capita consumption is forecast down by 8.8% to 708 pieces.
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption
Table 2: Legal v Contraband Cigarettes, 1991-2016, Billion Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Retail Sales Value, 2000-2013
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Type: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Billion Pieces
Table 6: Market Breakdown by Type: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2015, % Breakdown
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Shares, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%) Volume
Table 9: Market Shares of Leading Brand Families, 2000-2015
Table 10: Emergency Tax Reduction Timetable, 2000-2008
Table 11: Cigarette Prices, Average & Range, 2004-2016
Table 12: Cigarette Pack Prices by Segment, 2004-2016, ARS/Pack
Table 13: BAT Argentina: Retail Prices, 2017
Table 14: Massalin Particulares: Retail Prices, 2017
Table 15: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 16: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 17: Official Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2015
Table 18: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2015
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2000-2015
Table 20: Exports by Country of Destination, Percentage Share (%), 2000-2015
Table 21: Company profile: Massalin Particulares SA
Table 22: Company profile: BAT Argentina SA (1)
Table 23: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: At a glance