The global refining industry is currently going through an overhaul, with the focus shifting from the west to the east. The epicenter of the refining industry will be moving towards the Asia-Pacific, with China and India as the front runners in the export-oriented market.
The study aims to analyze and forecast the global refining market, as well as the trends and opportunities for 2017.
- Market trends (current refining capacity, demand analysis for refined products, refinery margins, mew capacity additions)
- Regional trends (Europe, North America, China, Middle East, Africa, India)
- Capacity net utilization, refinery margins, new capacity additions, capacity expansions of existing refineries, and operations and maintenance investments are analysed for various regions
- Key opportunities for regions with high growth potentials based on their investment strategies
Market measurements are analyzed from 2013 to 2023 with 2016 as the base year. Global refining demand is analyzed based on the product segment (mainly light, medium, and heavy products) and their year-on-year growth rates. Regional demand for these products is also analyzed to give a global perspective. Growth of refined products in the end-user segment has also been discussed to understand the consumption pattern during the forecast period.
The supply side analysis is done through global capacity addition and its year-on-year growth rate. Region-wise net capacity addition was used to carry out the forecast for 2023. Growth opportunities in new capacity additions are compared for OECD and non-OCED countries. Regulations and changes in crude oil qualities are forcing refiners to either shutdown or upgrade their refineries to meet the new standards. The study also covers trends, strategies, and technologies adopted by various regions to overcome these challenges.
The study discusses the investment required for refineries in various regions and the key high valued projects, which would change the face of refining industry in those regions. Finally, the study covers the current and future net utilization of the refineries in all the regions, based on the capacity and annual throughput.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- What is the status of the global refining industry? Which are the emerging regions for the refining industry?
- What are the current capacities of refineries across the globe? Which are the regions where new capacity additions are taking place?
- How does a refinery margin effect the operations of refineries? What are some of the regional trends in refining margin?
- Where is the new capacity addition taking place (primary units versus secondary units)?
- What are the investment trends in the global refining industry? Which are the key segments where this capital expenditure is invested?
- Key Findings
- Market Overview - Scope and Segmentation
- Refinery Process Flow Diagram
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Refinery Capacity Forecast
- Refinery Capacity Forecast by Region
- Refinery Capacity Forecast Discussion
- Refinery Capacity Addition in Non-OECD Region
- Oil and Gas Outlook - Global Distillation Capacity Addition and Closure, Present and Future From Existing Projects
- Global Secondary Capacity Addition from Existing Projects
- Demand Analysis of Refined Product
- Demand Analysis by Refined Product Type
- Demand Forecast Discussion
- Global Demand Analysis of Refined Product by Region
- Regional Demand Forecast Discussion
- Refined Product Demand by End-user Application
- Historical Oil Refining Margins Trends
- Oil Refining Margins - Present and Future
- Refining Market - Africa
- Refining Market - Europe
- Refining Market - Russia and the Caspian Region
- Refining Market - APAC
- Refining Market - Latin America
- Refining Market - North America
- China - Key Trends for 2017
- The Middle East - Key Trends for 2017
- Investment Requirements in Refining Projects
- Investments Requirements in Refining Projects Discussion
- Historical Net Utilization of Refineries
- Historical Net Utilization of Refineries Discussion
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Refining Equipment and Services
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Legal Disclaimer