The 300 Largest Cellular IoT Projects Worldwide is a unique new deliverable featuring a list of the largest IoT projects identified as part world-class market research programs. The database includes project size and geographical distribution as well as a 5-year forecast for each individual project.
Highlights about this database:
- Detailed data in Excel format on the 300 largest M2M/IoT deployments identified globally.
- Practical information including the involved companies, HQ location and website for every deployment.
- Categorisation of each project by the main M2M/IoT vertical.
- Geographical breakdown detailing the number of active cellular IoT connections by region per project.
- Forecasts on the future developments for each deployment until 2021.
- Analyst commentary on the methodology and summary of key findings.
The author presents for the first time a unique list of the 300 largest cellular IoT deployments identified as part of the company’s ongoing world-class IoT market research activities. The extensive list includes various types of projects and product categories across all types of vertical markets including aftermarket automotive, fleet management & MRM, healthcare, OEM automotive, retail applications, smart homes and buildings, utilities, wearables & consumer electronics as well as industrial M2M and other. The database includes project size and geographical distribution by the end of 2016 as well as a 5-year forecast for each individual project.
The projects included in the top-300 list together account for approximately 156.0 million active cellular IoT connections. This corresponds to as much as 39.2 percent of the total number of M2M connections worldwide at the end of 2016. More than 30 deployments on the list have surpassed 1 million units and the top 10 projects account for more than 60 million units. Fleet management & MRM is the largest vertical in terms of the number of projects on the top list, followed by retail applications, aftermarket automotive and OEM automotive as well as smart homes and buildings. When comparing the number of active units represented by each vertical for the entries in the top-300 list, the OEM automotive is instead the largest vertical, accounting for 30.0 million units, ahead of utilities at close to 27.6 million units and aftermarket automotive representing 24.1 million units.
The North American and European markets represent 55.2 million units and 41.9 million units respectively of the active M2M/IoT units across all verticals on the top list. The Rest of World furthermore accounts for 55.9 million units. The 300 projects on the top list are in the coming five years forecasted to grow from an aggregate total of 156.0 million units to represent over 344.5 million units globally by 2021. This corresponds to an overall compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.2 percent.
This product answers the following questions:
- Which are currently the largest M2M/IoT projects deployed on the global market?
- What is the geographical breakdown of key M2M/IoT deployments by region?
- Which individual projects are expected to experience the highest growth rates in the next five years?
- Which of the M2M/IoT verticals have the greatest numbers of large-scale deployments?
- How is the top-300 list foreseen to develop in the future as the constituent deployments progress?
1 The 300 largest cellular IoT projects
1.3 Summary of the findings
1.3.1 Current analysis of the deployments by vertical market
1.3.2 Analysis of the forecasted vertical market developments
1.3.3 Analysis by geographical market
1.4 Concluding remarks and future outlook
Appendix: Top-300 list in Excel format
- Company name
- Project/product/deployment name and/or type
- M2M/IoT vertical
- HQ location
- Number of active M2M/IoT units per project
- Geographical breakdown - North America, Europe, Rest of World
- Forecast per deployment (2016-2021) including estimated CAGR