The online course provides a benchmarking methodological uniqueness is represented by the identification of those processes that lead to superior performance, followed by the analysis of the best practices behind the business success. Benchmarking offers the opportunity to compare an organization’s performance against industry competitors, being aware of strengths, weaknesses and different ways of executing projects.
As successful businesses constantly focus on improving the quality of their processes, products and services, benchmarking comes as one of the best approaches in achieving innovative ideas and superior procedures within your organization, through finding and implementing best practices.
In order to ensure a successful benchmarking study, professionals should not only become familiar with how to drive a good selection of the variables to be measured, but also how to determine the comparison compatibility of the measured processes and allocate the resources accordingly.
3 Key Business Benefits
- Reach performance improvement by receiving guidance and international benchmarking expertise on conceiving and applying an optimum benchmarking plan
- Achieve excellence in your organizational processes and initiatives by applying benchmarking best practices
- Attain superior results by managing performance gaps based on benchmarking data
- Improve your organizational processes by applying benchmarking best practices
- Set up and apply a benchmarking plan in your own organization, in order to increase competitiveness
- Link benchmarked data to your organizational strategy and performance objectives
- Acquire experience and insights from best practices examples to suit your organization’s reality
- Receive a premium recognition of your expertise in benchmarking through the certification
- Get insights into benchmarking concept and its advantages
- Systematize the monitoring and reporting techniques
- Design a benchmarking plan for your organization
- Understand fundamentals of data collection
- Identify performance gaps and formulate initiatives
- Select the relevant benchmarks and establish a monitoring process
The certification process is finalized only when you complete all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. You will receive the Certified Benchmarking Professional diploma after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. This certifies the skills and knowledge related to benchmarking field.
Module 1 - Benchmarking overview
- Introduction to benchmarking
- Types and styles of benchmarking
- Types of best practice benchmarking
- Performance benchmarking through KPIs
- Benchmarking process and stages
Module 2 - How to develop a benchmarking plan
- Scope and purpose establishment
- The benchmarking team
- The benchmarking targets
- The benchmarking partners
- Project management techniques
Module 3 - Data collection
- Benchmarking data sources
- Focus groups and challenges for data collection
- Data collection instruments and secondary research
- Questionnaire development
Module 4 - Data governance
- International data reporting standards
- Data quality and value drivers
Module 5 - Data analysis
- Data analysis and comparison
- Data visualization and analysis of performance gap
Module 6 - Insight generation
- Formulate initiatives to close performance gaps
- Develop action and implementation plan
- Just in time, Model customer and Model supplier
- Adapt improvements
- Monitoring and reporting processes
Module 7 - Best practices in benchmarking
- Illegal benchmarking practices and guidelines
- Examples of best practices: BMW
- Examples of best practices: Bosch
- Examples of best practices: Southwest Airlines
- Examples of best practices: HR
- Examples of best practices: Google
Andrada is a certified trainer, collaborator of The KPI Institute. Andrada has coordinated the Benchmarking capability of The KPI Institute and was responsible for the first benchmarking project of the company, which seeks to provide a comparative analysis of the hospitals’ performance in the GCC States.
Moreover, she was in charge with developing and delivering courses both on Benchmarking and Cross-cultural Management, and research activities which involve documenting KPIs in various functional areas and industries. Andrada was also one of the active editors of the Performance Magazine, publishing articles in the field of performance management.
Her work experience acquired in consulting and account management significantly improved her communication and negotiation capabilities. Also, as an employee of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty Munich, she developed project management skills and acknowledged the importance of cultural differences management in a multinational with a diverse working environment.
Andrada is also a PhD candidate in Engineering and Management and discovered her passion for research during her Masters studies at the Technical University of Munich, where she obtained a degree of Master of Science in Consumer Affairs and conducted various research on behavioral marketing, strategy and leadership.
She is internationally certified in working with KPIs and regularly attends international conferences, where she publishes research articles in management field. She is also a seminar lecturer of Human Resources Management and successfully completed the Master Trainer Program facilitated by The Association for Talent Development (ATD).