Engineering Analysis with ANSYS Software, Second Edition, provides a comprehensive introduction to fundamental areas of engineering analysis needed for research or commercial engineering projects. The book introduces the principles of the finite element method, presents an overview of ANSYS technologies, then covers key application areas in detail. This new edition updates the latest version of ANSYS, describes how to use FLUENT for CFD FEA, and includes more worked examples. With detailed step-by-step explanations and sample problems, this book develops the reader's understanding of FEA and their ability to use ANSYS software tools to solve a range of analysis problems.
- Uses detailed and clear step-by-step instructions, worked examples and screen-by-screen illustrative problems to reinforce learning
- Updates the latest version of ANSYS, using FLUENT instead of FLOWTRAN
- Includes instructions for use of WORKBENCH
- Features additional worked examples to show engineering analysis in a broader range of practical engineering applications
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Fundamentals of the finite element method 2. Overview of ANSYS structure and its graphic capabilities 3. Application of ANSYS to stress analysis 4. Mode analysis 5. Analysis for fluid dynamics 6. Application of ANSYS to thermo-mechanics 7. Application of ANSYS to contact between machine elements Appendix: Using ANSYS workbench for structural analysis Index
Tadeusz Stolarski is a Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering at Brunel University, UK. In addition to his research and lecturing on topics including fracture mechanics, tribology, and design principles, he has also performed consultancy work for a variety of companies including Castrol International, SKF, and Advanced Bearing Technology.