Handbook of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry: Recent Advances, Techniques and Applications, Volume Six, Second Edition, presents the latest in a series that has been well received by the thermal analysis and calorimetry community. This volume covers recent advances in techniques and applications that complement the earlier volumes. There has been tremendous progress in the field in recent years, and this book puts together the most high-impact topics selected for their popularity by new editors Sergey Vyazovkin, Nobuyoshi Koga and Christoph Schick-all editors of Thermochimica Acta.
Among the important new techniques covered are biomass conversion; sustainable polymers; polymer nanocompsoties; nonmetallic glasses; phase change materials; propellants and explosives; applications to pharmaceuticals; processes in ceramics, metals, and alloys; ionic liquids; fast-scanning calorimetry, and more.
- Features 19 all-new chapters to bring readers up to date on the current status of the field
- Provides a broad overview of recent progress in the most popular techniques and applications
- Includes chapters authored by a recognized leader in each field and compiled by a new team of editors, each with at least 20 years of experience in the field of thermal analysis and calorimetry
- Enables applications across a wide range of modern materials, including polymers, metals, alloys, ceramics, energetics and pharmaceutics
- Overviews the current status of the field and summarizes recent progress in the most popular techniques and applications