The comprehensive guide to anesthesia and pain management protocols specifically tailored to ill or critically injured dogs and cats
Anesthesia and Analgesia for the Ill or Injured Dog and Cat offers an essential guide and ready reference for vital information and practical guidelines for managing pain when faced with common presentations of illness or trauma. Written by a team of experts in the field, the comprehensive text offers easy access to step–by–step protocols for each scenario, providing details on how to sedate, manage pain, and anesthetize the ill or injured dog and cat, including postoperative patients. The logical case–based organization makes it easy to find and apply the advice when faced with a sick patient.
The book covers the technical aspects of multimodal analgesic therapy, as well as troubleshooting, pain assessment, and nursing care, with an emphasis on the technician′s crucial role in managing and preventing stress and pain. Anesthesia and Analgesia for the Ill or Injured Dog and Cat is an essential patient–side reference that:
- Provides fast access to anesthesia and pain management protocols specifically tailored to ill or critically injured dogs and cats
- Takes a case–based structure to make it easy to find and apply relevant information
- Presents step–by–step clinical procedures and techniques
- Supplies concise, relevant background information for all drugs recommended in the protocols, highlighting recommendations and cautions for specific patient conditions
- Includes detailed information for geriatric, pregnant, nursing, and pediatric patients and those with cardiac, liver or kidney pathology
Written for veterinary technicians, small animal practitioners, veterinary anesthesiologists, and veterinary emergency and critical care specialists, this hands–on guide offers an essential patient–side reference for any veterinarian delivering anesthesia and analgesia to ill or injured canine and feline patients.