The HMO/PPO Directory profiles over a thousand Managed Healthcare Organizations in the United States, listing current information for HMO, PPO, POS, and Vision & Dental plans. This new 28th edition provides the most comprehensive directory of the rapidly changing managed healthcare industry on the market today, offering more consistency in state listings than ever before, as well as lists of major consolidations in the health insurance industry-ongoing since the introduction of the Affordable Care Act in 2010.
In addition to detailed profiles of 906 Managed Healthcare Organizations, this 2017 edition of the HMO/PPO Directory includes:
- A 21-page report from the Census Bureau - "Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2015" - with charts, tables, and maps;
- A full-page chart showing population numbers without health insurance 2013-2015, by state;
- A full-page chart showing population numbers without health insurance 2013-2015, by the top 25 populous metro areas;
- A timeline of "Key Features of the Affordable Care Act, by Year" from 2010 to 2015;
- And a State Statistics and Rankings section with state-by-state numbers of individuals covered by type of health plans, and state ranking by number of individuals enrolled in health plans.
Plan profiles are arranged alphabetically by state. The first page of state chapter features a State Summary chart of Health Insurance Coverage Status and Type of Coverage by Age. This chart includes a number of categories, from “Covered by some type of health insurance” to “Not covered at any time during the year.” Immediately following the State Summary, plan listings provide crucial contact information, including key executives, often with direct phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers, websites, and more.
Each profile provides a detailed summary of the plan, including some of the following:
- Type of Plan, including Specialty and Benefits
- Type of Coverage
- Type of Payment Plan
- Subscriber Information
- Financial History
- Average Compensation Information
- Current Member Enrollment
- Hospital Affiliations
- Number of Primary Care and Specialty Physicians
- Federal Qualification Status
- For Profit Status
- Specialty Managed Care Partners
- Regional Business Coalitions
- Employer References
- Peer Review Information
- Accreditation Information
Combined, the 1,181 plan profiles include 4,499 key executives, 541 fax numbers, 1,174 websites, and 899 email addresses-7,113 ways to directly access important health care information.
In addition to the educational material in the front matter, state statistics, and detailed plan profiles, the HMO/PPO Directory includes two Appendices and five Indexes:
- Appendix A: Glossary of Health Insurance Terms - Includes more than 150 terms such as Aggregate Indemnity, Diagnostic Related Groups, Non-participating Provider, and more.
- Appendix B: Industry Websites - Contains dozens of the most valuable healthcare websites, from The Alliance of Community Health Plans to The National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants.
- Plan Index - An alphabetical list of insurance plans by seven plan types: HMO, PPO, HMO/PPO, Dental, Vision, Medicare, and Multiple.
- Personnel Index - An alphabetical list of all executives listed, with their affiliated organization.
- Membership Enrollment Index - A list of organizations by member enrollment.
- Primary Care Physician Index - A list of organizations by number of primary care physicians.
- Referral/Specialty Care Physician Index - A list of organizations by their number of referral and specialty care physicians.
The HMO/PPO Directory is an invaluable resource for anyone within the healthcare industry, a much-used marketing tool for companies who provide materials and services to the managed care industry, and a useful reference for consumers seeking education and information about the world of managed care. This one-stop source has proven to be the premier guide in its field, containing an unprecedented amount of up-to-date information in a clear and easy-to-use format.
* Print purchase includes 1 month free online access
- User Guide
- User Key
- Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2015
- Population Without Health Insurance Coverage - 25 Most Populous
- Metro Areas: 2013 to 2015
2. State Statistics & Rankings
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Managed Care Organizations Ranked by Total Enrollment
- Managed Care Organizations Ranked by State Enrollment
3. HMO/PPO Profiles
- State Profiles and Listings by State
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Industry Web Sites
- Plan Index
- Personnel Index
- Membership Enrollment Index
- Primary Care Physician Index
- Referral/Specialty Physician Index