Majority of players operating in the market are facing dire lack of funds. Raising funds to support daily business operations and online advertising expenses have become a major challenge for them. Online retail operators, especially the inventory based players are suffering from cost stack ups and charges incurred for customers opting for ‘Cash on Delivery’. In an attempt to tackle these problems, players are constantly focusing towards gaining customer loyalty and trust. Several loyalty schemes, promotional offers and high discounts are some of the most prominent trends in the market. Additionally, changing business models and turning into mainstream online retailers, opening up ‘Brick and Mortar’ stores to tap the ‘offline’ customer base, opting for a ‘market place’ approach, consolidation and self-owned brands are some other major trends observed in the market. Notable e-Commerce companies in India include Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon India, among others.
- Overview of the e-Commerce market in India and forecasted market size data over 2015 to 2020e
- Detailed description of the Indian e-Commerce market segments (online travel market, online retail market, online financial services market, online classifieds market and other online services market) - market snapshot, size and growth forecast over 2015 to 2020e
- Overview of the Indian e-Commerce ecosystem and the technologies associated with it
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Detailed description of the various e-Commerce business models in India
- Major mergers and acquisitions in the Indian e-Commerce industry (2015-2016)
- Market dynamics through major trends and opportunities
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major players
- Key recent developments associated with the e-Commerce market in India
- Get a broad understanding of the e-Commerce market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the same
- Understand the current market segmentation and future growth potential of the market in India till 2020 and plan strategies to gain from it
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business plans by understanding factors influencing growth in the market
- Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the market
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8: Market Definition and Structure
Slide 9: Overview of e-Commerce Ecosystem
Slide 10: Overview of e-Commerce Technology and Development
- e-Commerce - Website Design
- Essential Features and Components an e-Commerce Website
- e-Commerce Website Development Phases
Slide 12-17: e-Commerce Market Segmentation
- Online Travel Market - Market Overview, Size and Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; 2015- 2020e) and Online Travel Market Split (2015)
- Online Retail Market - Market Overview, Size and Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; 2015- 2020e) and Value-Wise Share of e-Commerce Retail Market (2016)
- Online Financial Services - Market Overview, Size and Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; 2015- 2020e) and Mobile Wallet Player-Wise Segmentation (FY 2015)
- Online Classifieds Market - Market Overview, Size and Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; 2015- 2020e) and Online Classifieds Market Segmentation by Revenue (2015 and 2016)
- Other Online Services Market - Market Overview, Size and Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; 2015- 2020e)
Slide 20-21: Socio-economic Influence of the Indian e-Commerce Industry
Slide 22-25: Key Market Opportunities
Slide 26-28: Market Drivers
Slide 29-30: Market Challenges
Slide 31: Initiatives by Government of India Impacting the e-Commerce Industry
Slide 32: Evolution of New Payment Solutions
Slide 33: List of Major Players
Slide 34-57: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 58-59: e-Commerce Funding Overview (2016)
Slide 60: Top 10 Major Mergers and Acquisitions in the Indian e-Commerce Industry (2015 and 2016)
Slide 61-62: Key Recent Developments
Slide 63: Research Methodology
1. Infoedge (India) Ltd.
2. Thomas Cook (India) Ltd.
3. Amazon Seller Services Pvt. Ltd.
4. eBay India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd.
6. Grofers India Pvt. Ltd.
7. Jasper Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
8. MakeMyTrip (India) Pvt. Ltd.
9. Myntra Designs Pvt. Ltd.
10. People Interactive (India) Pvt. Ltd.