The varied disease profile existing in the country and the emergence of newer diseases is helping the pharmacy retail market in India to grow considerably. Moreover, the demographic structure of the country, with a large population of people aged above 60 years, is resulting in a higher need for medicines. This in turn is helping the country’s pharmacies to experience strong demand for the products it retails. However, the pharmacy sector in India tends to suffer from the circulation of sub-standard and counterfeit drugs which hampers the retail segment of the business. The government too is undertaking efforts to provide medicines at subsidized rates as well as provide tele-consultation services and distribute medicines in rural areas. This can have a negative effect on the sector’s growth. Despite this, pharmacy retail segment comprises a stable market at present and has strong growth potential in the upcoming years.
- Overview of pharmacy retail market in India and forecasted market size data over 2014 to 2022e
- Qualitative analysis of market drivers, challenges impacting the Indian pharmacy retail market
- Key trends observed in the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major players
- Key recent developments in the Indian pharmacy retail market
- Get a clear understanding of the pharmacy retail market in India and how it operates
- Understand the current market segmentation and future growth potential of the pharmacy retail market in India and plan strategies to gain from it
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business plans by understanding factors influencing growth in the market
- Understand your competitors’ business structures, strategies and prospects, and respond accordingly
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8-9: Market Definition & Structure
Slide 10: Pharmacy Retail Market in India - Market Overview, Size & Growth (2014 -2022e)
Slide 11: Pharmacy Retail Market in India - Market Segmentation (Organized Retail Vs Unorganized Retail; 2015 and Region-Wise Drug Consumption; 2015)
Slide 12: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Slide 13-16: Market Drivers
Slide 17: Market Challenges
Slide 18-20: Key Trends
Slide 21: List of Major Players
Slide 22-35: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 36: Recent Developments
Slide 37: Research Methodology
1. Apollo Pharmacy Pvt. Ltd.
2. Emami Frank Ross Ltd.
3. Global Healthline Pvt. Ltd.
4. Guardian Lifecare Pvt. Ltd.
5. MedPlus Health Services Pvt. Ltd.
6. Muthu Pharmacy Pvt. Ltd.
7. Netmeds Marketplace Ltd.
8. RWL Healthworld Ltd.
9. The Himalaya Drug Company
10. Trust Chemists and Druggists Ltd.