"Cigarettes in Denmark, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Danish market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
The Danish cigarette market is very small and has registered near consistent decline since 2006 after seeing relatively buoyant growth during the late 1990s and early 2000s. A combination of rising taxes, anti-smoking laws, growth of the RYO sector, and consumers generally moving away from cigarettes has led to decreasing consumption levels in the country. The market is also entirely dependent on imports as BAT closed its last factory in 2010. Consequently, the market is expected to continue its long term decline as per capita and overall volumes decrease in the country due to a combination of tax hikes and anti-smoking government laws.
- The market peaked in 2006 at 8 billion pieces but has since fallen in every year.
- Per capita consumption stood at 1,026 pieces per year in 2016.
- The smoking population has FALLEN to only one fifth of the total adult population in 2016 compared to 38.9% in 1990.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Releases for Consumption, 2002-2015
Table 3: Cigarette & RYO Sales, million pieces, 2000-2016
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 5: Retail Sales Values, 1990-2016
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 7: Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, Percentage Share (%)
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
Table 10: Prevailing Tax Rates on Cigarettes, 1990-2017
Table 11: EU Countries, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
Table 12: Tax Incidence & Trade Margins in Relation to Retail Prices, 1990-2017
Table 13: Cigarette Prices, February 2013
Table 14: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 15: Smokers by Age Group, Regular & Occasional, 2009
Table 16: Smokers by Age Group, Regular & Occasional, 2010
Table 17: Daily Smokers by Age & Gender, 2013, % of Total
Table 18: Smoking Prevalence by Region, 2006, 2010 & 2013, % Adults Smoking
Table 19: Cigarette Production, 1990-2010
Table 20: Cigarette Imports 1990-2016
Table21: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table22: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
Table 23: Cigarette Exports 1990-2016
Table24: Exports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table25: Exports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
Table 26: Company profile: British American Tobacco Denmark A/S (House of Prince A/S)
Table 27: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
- House of prince
- Skandinavisk Tobakskompagni (ST)
- BAT Denmark
- CW Obel
- Skandinavisk Holding A/S
- JT Tiedemanns
- Orlik Tobacco Company
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group
- ST Sales
- Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik
- Fiedler & Lundg