"Cigarettes in Greece, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Greece was one of the fastest growing cigarette markets in the 1990s, with expansion continuing for much of the early part of the 2000s. Historically Greece has had a high smoking rate and high per capita consumption rates because of the popularity of its low cost, availability, and relaxed anti-smoking laws. However, the market is in long term decline because of Greece's poor economic outlook which has hurt consumer disposable income and forced the government to increase tobacco taxes. As a result, contraband is a growing problem in Greece with consumers opting for cheaper illegal imports rather than more expensive duty-paid cigarettes. Consequently contraband and low consumer spending will negatively affect the whole market in the short-to-medium term.
- Consumption in Greece was 14,500 million pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption was 1,344 pieces in 2016 which is a -8.1% contraction from 2015.
- PMI is the largest company in the Greek cigarette market with a over a third of the market.
- Over a third of the Greek adult population smoke, as of 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2006-2016
Table 3: Cigarette Tobacco Volumes, 2008-2016
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 5: Retail Sales Value & Per Capita Expenditure on Cigarettes, 1990-2016
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 7: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Percentage Share (%)
Table 8: Market Breakdown: Plain v Filter Cigarettes, 2000-2013, Billion Pieces
Table 9: Market Breakdown: Plain v Filter Cigarettes, 2000-2013, Percentage Share (%)
Table 10: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 11: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Percentage Share (%), 2000-2016
Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 13: Structure of Taxation on Cigarettes, 1990-2017
Table 14: EU Countries, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
Table 15: Retail Price Trends, 1990-2017
Table 16: Companies & Main Brands: Volume market share; Price Per 20
Table 17: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 18: Smoking Frequency by Age Group, 2009, % of Total
Table 19: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 20: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table 21: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 22: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 23: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
Table 24: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2001-2016
Table 25: Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
Table 26: Company profile: Philip Morris Hellas
Table 27: Company profile: Karelia Tobacco Company SA
Table 28: Company profile: Sekap SA
Table 29: Consumption Forecast to 2016
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
- Donskoy Tabak
- Philip Morris Hellas
- RJ Reynolds International
- Gallaher Hellas Epe
- Rothmans Distribution Hellas
- Skandinavisk Tobakskompagni (ST)