RISING AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTION GROWTH IN ASIA-PACIFIC AND EUROPE
Lubricants are primarily used by OEMs during the production of automobiles. These are also used extensively in the automotive refinish and aftermarket. With rising consumer spending and growing population in Asia-Pacific, the global automotive production has been increasing constantly. According to ACEA (European Automobile Manufacturers Association), the global production of motor vehicles was about 96.1 million units in 2016. Asia-Pacific and Europe have been the prime regions supporting the growth of automotive production, with year-on-year growth rates of 7.6% and 2.5% respectively for 2015-16.
AUTOMOTIVE SECTOR TO DOMINATE THE GLOBAL LUBRICANTS MARKET
Automotive industry requires lubricants pre and post production of the automobile. The increase in the sales of automobiles in developing nations and the growth in aerospace, marine industries is to support the consumption of lubricants. The increasing production and sales of light-duty vehicles is estimated to have a direct impact on lubricant consumption, which, in turn, is anticipated to drive the demand for lubricants during the forecast period. Engine designs have been continually improved to enhance performance, increase efficiency, and at the same time, meet environmental emission regulations. In 2015, 52% of the world lubricant demand, came from the automotive industry alone.
CHINA AND INDIA TO BE THE KEY GROWING MARKETS
China is the largest lubricant market and is expected to remain so, irrespective of the economy witnessing slow economic growth. The government is focusing on replacing the obsolete equipment, in turn increasing the demand for improved and high performance lubricants. India is the second largest lubricant market in the region and the third largest in the world. The country is expected to be one the major contributor to the lubricants market, as the international many manufacturers are focusing on launching new products in the country for both automotive and industrial segments.
Notable Developments in the Market
- Jul 2017: ExxonMobil Corporation entered an agreement with GE, for the supply of lubricants for GE’s Jenbacher gas engines
- Jul 2017: Chevron Corporation divested its majority stake in Chevron Oil Nigeria PLC, to another Nigerian indigenous downstream player, MRS Group.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To analyze various product types in global and regional markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Automotive Production Growth in Asia-Pacific and Europe
4.1.2 Growing Manufacturing Sector in Asia-Pacific
4.1.3 Increasing Usage of High-performance Lubricants
4.1.4 Demand from the Growing Wind Energy Sector
4.1.5 Expansion of the Global Cold Chain Market
4.2.1 Increasing Drain Intervals in Automotive and Industrial Sectors
4.2.2 Modest Impact of Electric Vehicles in the Future
4.3.1 Industrial Growth in Middle East & Africa
4.3.2 Numerous Upcoming Construction Projects in North America and Asia-Pacific
4.3.3 Increase in Exploration of Natural Gas
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Group
5.1.1 Group I
5.1.2 Group II
5.1.3 Group III
5.1.4 Group IV
5.1.5 Group V
5.2 By Base Stock
5.2.1 Bio-Based Lubricants
5.2.2 Mineral Oil Lubricants
5.2.3 Synthetic Lubricants
5.2.4 Semi-synthetic Lubricants
5.3 By Product Type
5.3.1 Engine Oil
5.3.2 Transmission & Hydraulic Fluids
5.3.3 Metalworking Fluids
5.3.4 General Industrial Oils
5.3.5 Gear Oil
5.3.7 Process Oils
5.4 By End-User Industry
5.4.1 Power Generation
5.4.2 Automotive and Other Transportation
5.4.3 Heavy Equipment
5.4.4 Food & Beverage
5.4.5 Metallurgy and Metal Working
5.4.6 Chemical Manufacturing
5.4.7 Others (Packaging, Oil & Gas (Drilling Fluids))
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.10 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.8 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.5 Rest of South America
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.6 Rest of Middle-East
6.6.2 South Africa
6.6.6 Rest of Africa
7. Future of the Lubricants Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.2.1 Historical Trends (2008-2015)
8.2.2 Current Market Share Analysis (2016)
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials*, Products & Services, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 Royal Dutch Shell
9.2 BP plc
9.3 ExxonMobil Corp.
9.4 Total S.A.
9.5 Chevron Corp.
9.6 China Petrochemical Corp. (SINOPEC Group)
9.7 Fuchs Petrolub SE
9.8 JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation
9.9 Valvoline Inc.
9.11 PETRONAS Lubricants International
9.12 PT Pertamina
9.13 Gazpromneft - Lubricants, Ltd.
9.14 Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
9.15 Phillips 66 Lubricants
9.16 Gulf Oil Corporation Limited
9.17 Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
9.18 Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd
9.20 Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW)
9.21 Tide Water Oil Co. (India) Ltd (Veedol International Ltd.)
9.23 Petrofer Chemie H R Fischer GmbH + Co. KG
9.25 SK Lubricants Co. Ltd.
9.26 Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
9.27 BASF SE
9.28 Eni SpA
9.29 Amsoil Inc.
9.31 Blaser Swisslube AG
9.32 Caltex Australia Group
9.33 Klüber Lubrication
9.34 China National Petroleum Corp. (Petrochina)
- ROYAL DUTCH SHELL
- CHINA PETROCHEMICAL CORP. (SINOPEC GROUP)
- FUCHS PETROLUB SE
- JXTG NIPPON OIL & ENERGY CORPORATION
- VALVOLINE INC.
- PETRONAS LUBRICANTS INTERNATIONAL
- PT PERTAMINA
- GAZPROMNEFT - LUBRICANTS Ltd.
- INDIAN OIL CORP. LTD.
- GULF OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
- HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORP. LTD.
- IDEMITSU KOSAN CO.
- ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC. (ITW)
- TIDE WATER OIL CO. (INDIA) LTD (VEEDOL INTERNATIONAL LTD.)
- PETROFER CHEMIE H R FISCHER GMBH + CO. KG
- SK LUBRICANTS CO. LTD.
- BHARAT PETROLEUM CORP. LTD.
- BASF SE
- ENI SPA
- AMSOIL INC.
- BLASER SWISSLUBE AG
- CALTEX AUSTRALIA GROUP
- KLÜBER LUBRICATION and CHINA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORP. (PETROCHINA).