In 2018, around US$59.5 mn has been invested in the development of infrastructure facilities covering an area of 240 hectares near IKIA, the main international airport of Iran.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 30.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (16.1%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (14.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 13.4%, 12.7% and 12.7%, respectively, in 2018.
- Four major provinces generate around 47.3% of the GDP of Iran and are home to 36.7% of the country’s population, as of 2014
- In November 2018, the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took several measures to finalize the re-imposition of sanctions against Iran as a response to US President Trump’s (May 8, 2018) decision to terminate the US’ participation in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- As part of the five-year economic plan (2017-2022), the Government of Iran predicts an average of US$30 bn of foreign financing each year along with US$15 bn foreign direct investments and US$20 bn foreign investment through local partners.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Iran’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and North Africa and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: TEPIX Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Flows Inward and Outward, 2014-2017
Exhibit 7: FDI Stock Inward and Outward, 2014-2017
Exhibit 8: Tax Holidays by Sector
Exhibit 9: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 12: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 15: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of Their Distillation, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
Exhibit 16: Interest Rates
Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 18: Public Finance
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 25: Gender Split
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
Exhibit 28: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-16
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Iran 2019
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions