Singapore’s Central region acts as hub for most of the financial and professional services firms. West region is dominated by port and water transport industry due to proximity to the port, while East region is dominated by airlines industry due to proximity to Changi Airport.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 32.0% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (20.5%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (19.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.3%, 2.9% and 4.7%, respectively, in 2018.
- The Ministry of Transport is expected to spend SGD13.7 bn (US$10.3 bn) in FY2018, an increase of 52.6% from the previous year.
- As per the Logistics Performance Index, Singapore’s rank declined to seventh position in 2018 from fifth position in 2016.
- Majority of inward FDI was towards financial and insurance services sector in 2016.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Singapore’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Singapore Stock Market-strait Times Index (STI)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: : FDI inflows (2010-16) and share of FDI inflow by industry (2016) and FDI by industry (2012-2016)
Exhibit 7: Foreign investment by region (2013-2016) and share of foreign investment by investing countries (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment, % share in world exports, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Age-dependency ratio
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Singapore 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions