Major four provinces contribute around 37.9% to the Argentina’s GDP and comprise 59.6% of the country’s population in 2015. Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 21.0% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels activities (18.0%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (16.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 22.7%, 23% and 22.8%, respectively, in 2018.
- Argentina hopes to attract US$26.5 bn in infrastructure investments in the form of public-private partnerships (PPPs) through 2022
- As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Argentina’s infrastructure ranked 92nd out of 137 nations
- The overall MERV (Argentina Merval Index) index exhibits an increasing trend over the last one year. As of September 11th, 2018 MERV index stood at 29,163.6, compared to 24,066.5 on September 11th, 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Argentina’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: MERV INDEX
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows and Investments by Sector, 2012-2016
Exhibit 7: Country Wise Share in FDI, 2016 and Investment by Country, 2012-2016
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 14: Food Industries, Residues and Wastes Thereof: Prepared Animal Fodder, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: Business R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-16
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Argentina 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions