Five major federal entities of Mexico generate around 45% of the country’s GDP and comprise 39% of the country’s population.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 23.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (22.3%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (21.0%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 8.1%, 8.2% and 7.6%, respectively, in 2018.
- As per the Global Competitiveness Index 2017-2018, Mexico’s infrastructure ranks 51st out of the total 137 nations
- Mexico’s total FDI increased in 2017 with significant contribution from North America and European Union (EU)
- National Infrastructure Plan worth US$590 bn has been adopted by the Government of Mexico during the period 2014-2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Mexico’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: IPC MEXICO
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, 2014-2017
Exhibit 7: FDI Inflows by Federal Entity (2017) and by Countries & Economic Area in US$ Bn, 2013-2017
Exhibit 8: Foreign Investment by Sector 2013-2017 and Industry Split 2017
Exhibit 9: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 12: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 15: Vehicles, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
Exhibit 16: Interest Rates
Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 18: Public Finance
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 25: Gender Split
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 28: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports), 2016
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Mexico 2018
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions 37