Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 30.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (14.2%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (12.8%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.5%, 1% and 3.1%, respectively, in 2018.
Four major regions of France generate around 56% of the country’s GDP (2016) and comprise 47.8% of the country’s population (2017).
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in France worsened over the last two years with a decrease in rank from 13th in 2014 to 16th out of 160 countries in 2016.
- France has initiated a Big Investment Plan for 2018-2022 worth EUR57 bn (US$64.3 bn)
- The EU 28 countries were the largest source of FDI inflows into France in 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: France’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: France CAC 40 Stock Market Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI inflow and outflow (2014-2017) share of FDI inflow by sectors (2017)
Exhibit 7: FDI inflow by region (2014-2017) share of FDI inflow by region (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016
Exhibit 14: Nuclear reactors, boilers, and machinery % of World Total, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in France 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions