Emerging Library Technologies: It's Not Just for Geeks is written for librarians, library media specialists, teachers, information professionals, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students, and others who are interested in learning about some of the hottest emerging technologies such as robotics, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, wearable technologies, drones, big data, and driverless vehicles and the role of libraries.
- Covers innovative insights on how these emerging technologies can be used in libraries
- Brings unique perspective from both librarians and teachers on emerging technologies
- Discusses how to get key stakeholders on board before implementing an emerging technology
- Contains engaging questions for further discussion after each chapter
- Identifies resources for keeping abreast of new emerging technologies at the end of every chapter
- Includes comprehensive glossary at the end of each chapter
1. Robots to the Rescue 2. Artificial Intelligence: AI is Nearby 3. Is It a Bird, Is It a Plane: It's a Drone Flying Your Way 4. If You Print It, They Will Come: 3d Printing in Your Library 5. Information Seeking with Big Data: Not Just the Facts 6. Driverless Vehicles: Pick Me up at the... 7. Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality: What is Your Reality 8. Wearable Technologies from A to Z: In and Out of Your Library 9. Keeping Abreast of these Emerging Technologies
Ida Joiner is currently a Librarian at the Universal Academy School in Irving, Texas. Previously, she was the Technology Coordinator for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Middle Atlantic Region (NNLM-MAR).