New Polymer Nanocomposites for Environmental Remediation summarizes recent progress in the development of materials' properties, fabrication methods and their applications for treatment of contaminants, pollutant sensing and detection. This book presents current research into how polymer nanocomposites can be used in environmental remediation, detailing major environmental issues, and key materials properties and existing polymers or nanomaterials that can solve these issues. The book covers the fundamental molecular structure of polymers used in environmental applications, the toxicology, economy and life-cycle analysis of polymer nanocomposites, and an analysis of potential future applications of these materials.
Recent research and development in polymer nanocomposites has inspired the progress and use of novel and cost-effective environmental applications.
- Presents critical, actionable guidelines to the structure and property design of nanocomposites in environmental remediation
- Focuses on taking technology out of the lab and into the real world
- Summarizes the latest developments in polymer nanocomposites and their applications in catalytic degradation, adsorptive removal and detection of contaminants in the environment
- Enables researchers to stay ahead of the curve, with a full discussion of regulatory issues and potential new applications and materials in this area
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Nanotechnology in Polymer Sciences 2. Polymer nanocomposite
a new direction towards environmental Remediation 3. Polymer nanocomposite Synthesis Varieties 4. Models and theoretical approaches for Polymer nanocomposites 5. Carbon Nanomaterials based Polymer nanocomposites for environmental Remediation 6. Polymer nanocomposites based membranes for environmental Remediation 7. Magnetic Polymer nanocomposites for environmental Remediation 8. Polymer nanocomposites based sensors for environmental Remediation 9. Toxicology of Polymer Nanocomposites 10. Economical Aspects of Polymer Nanocomposites in the environment 11. Legal Issues of Polymer Nanocomposites in the environment 12. Green and Sustainable Future-Polymer nanocomposites
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain is an adjunct professor, academic advisor and lab director at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). His research focuses on the development of environmental analytical techniques, synthesis of nanomaterials, functionalization, and their application in air sampling devices.
Mishra, Ajay Kumar
Ajay Kumar Mishra is a Research Professor in the Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability Research Unit at the University of South Africa. His primary research interests are in nanoscience and nanotechnology, materials science, polymers, composites/nanocomposites, and water research.