Optimal Design and Retrofit of Energy Efficient Buildings, Communities, and Urban Centers presents current techniques and technologies for energy efficiency in buildings. Cases introduce and demonstrate applications in both the design of new buildings and retrofit of existing structures. The book begins with an introduction that includes energy consumption statistics, building energy efficiency codes, and standards and labels from around the world. It then highlights the need for integrated and comprehensive energy analysis approaches. Subsequent sections present an overview of advanced energy efficiency technologies for buildings, including dynamic insulation materials, phase change materials, LED lighting and daylight controls, Life Cycle Analysis, and more.
This book provides researchers and professionals with a coherent set of tools and techniques for enhancing energy efficiency in new and existing buildings. The case studies presented help practitioners implement the techniques and technologies in their own projects.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Overview of Advanced Energy Efficiency Technologies for Buildings
3. Advanced Control Strategies for Buildings
4. Life Cycle Cost Analysis for High Performance Buildings
5. Integrated Design and Deep Retrofit of Buildings
6. Integrated Design of Communities
7. Integrated Design of Urban Centers
8. Analysis of Large Scale Energy Efficiency Programs
Moncef Krarti PhD, PE, LEED is Professor of Building Systems Engineering at the Civil, Environmental and Construction Engineering department of the University of Colorado