Emerging Applications of Nanoparticles and Architecture Nanostructures: Current Prospects and Future Trends discusses the most important current applications of nanoparticles and architecture nanostructures in a comprehensive, detailed manner. The book covers major applications of nanoparticles and architecture nanostructures, taking into account their unusual shapes and high surface areas. In particular, coverage is given to applications in aerospace, automotive, batteries, sensors, smart textile design, energy conversion, color imaging, printing, computer chips, medical implants, pharmacy, cosmetics, and more. In addition, the book discusses the future of research in these areas.
This is a valuable reference for both materials scientists, chemical and mechanical engineers working both in R&D and academia who want to learn more on how nanoparticles and nanomaterials are commercially applied.
- Provides an in-depth look at the properties of nanoparticles and architecture nanostructures in terms of their applicability for industrial uses
- Analyzes the most recent advances and industrial applications of different types of nanoparticles and architecture nanostructures, taking into account their unusual structures and compositions
- Identifies novel nanometric particles and architectures that are of particular value for applications and the techniques required to use them effectively
1. Biomedical Applications of Nanostructured Materials
2. Excipients used in oral nanocarrier based formulations
??Rajan Jog and Diane Burgess
2. Nanostructures for imaging, medical diagnostics and therapy
3. Nanostructured polymer scaffolds for tissue engineering technology
4. Contemporary Industrial Practice for Manufacturing of Nanomedicines
6. Nanoimprint Lithography and Transdermal Drug-Delivery Device
7. Drug scavenging lipid based nanoparticles as detoxifying agents
8. Laser deposition of nanocoating on biomedical implants
9. Natures nanoparticles. Using viruses as nanomedicines and for bioimaging
Part II: Thin films and coatings for materials protection
10. Nanostructured self-healing polymers and composites
11. Nanocomposite Polymer Film for Anti-Biofouling Materials Surfaces
12. Tailored nanostructures for antimicrobial applications
13. Micro/nano-capsules for anticorrosion coatings
??Abdul Shaban, Judit Telegdi and Vastag Gyöngyi
14. Advances in thin film sensor technologies
15. Functional thin films and nanostructures for sensors
??Abdul Shaban, Judit Telegdi, Felhosi Ilona and Keresztes Zsófia
Part III: Energy and water treatment
16. Nano-architectured carbon-metal oxide electrodes for supercapacitance energy storage
17. Catalytic applications of Janus nanoparticles
18. Engineered Nanomaterials for Wastewater Treatment
??Ahmed Barhoum, Michael K. Danquah,
19. The application of ionic liquids in nanotechnology
Part IV: Other applications
20. Applications of nanotechnology in construction industry.
21. Engineered Nanomaterials for Papermaking Industry
??Pieter Samyn, Ahmed Barhoum
Abdel Salam Hamdy Makhlouf is an Editor for the Nanotechnology section of the Insciences Journal and for the International Journal of Applied Sciences. He was previously a professor with the College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas Pan-American, USA. In 2010 Professor Makhlouf was the recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Experienced Researchers Program and was awarded the Prize of Excellence and Innovation in Science and their Applications.
He was previously a Visiting Researcher at Leibniz Universität Hannover, Hannover, Germany, and has also conducted research at universities in France and Egypt.