Covering the full spectrum of rehabilitation after traumatic brain injury, this practical reference by Drs. Blessen C. Eapen and David X. Cifu presents best practices and considerations for numerous patient populations and their unique needs. In an easy-to-read, concise format, it covers the key information you need to guide your treatment plans and help patients relearn critical life skills and regain their independence.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Acute Management of TBI (Editor Note: Neurosurgical & Critical Care Management)
- Defintion, Severity Classifcation, Epi, and Pathophys Levels of Rehab Care (Editor Note: including IDT, MDT)
- Management of Complications after TBI (Editor Note: Spasticity, DVT, Autonomic Dysfunction, Neuroendocrine, HO,GI Nutriotional issues)
- Neurological Disorders (Editor Note: including Hydrocephalus, Post traumatic Seizures, Cranial N d/o, Movement Disorders, Neurosensory Changes)
- Assessment and Management of Military & Veteran TBI
- Assessment and Management of Sports Concussion
- Neuropsychiatric Sequale (Editor Note: including Post-Traumatic Agitation)
- Pharmacotherapy in Rehabilitation of TBI
- Post Traumatic Pain Management
- Disorders of Consciousness
- Cognitive Rehabilitation (Editor Note: through the continuum of care)
- Prognosis, Outcome Measures, and Prevention
- Pediatric TBI
- Geriatric TBI
- Neuroprosthetics (Editor Note: including Assistive Technology, Augmentative Communication Device, Mobility)
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Anoxic Brain Injury
- Community Reintegration (Editor Note: including Educational,Vocational,Driving)
Blessen C. Eapen is the section chief for the Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center (PRC), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Clinical Fellowship program director, associate professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio and principal investigator of the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center. Dr. Eapen has received many professional awards and honors and has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and books.
Cifu, David X. Professor and Chairman, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia; National Director for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services, Office of Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia.
David Xavier Cifu is an American physiatrist, researcher, and medical educator. He is the Associate Dean for Innovation and System Integration in the School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, the chairman and Herman J. Flax M.D. Professor of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Virginia Commonwealth University, staff physiatrist at the Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Administration Medical Center, founding director of the VCU-Center for Rehabilitation Science and Engineering and senior TBI specialist in the Department of Veterans Affairs' Veterans Health Administration.