Get a quick, expert overview of risk management in transfusion medicine from Dr. James Mills Barbeau. This practical resource presents a summary of today's state-of-the-art techniques for reducing harm during all phases of transfusion practice, including blood collection, testing, processing, clinical assessment, and transfusion. It's an easy-to-read, one-stop resource for managing and mitigating the various levels of risk in a variety of transfusion settings and scenarios.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The Big Picture: Organizational Risk Management -- What It Is and Why It Matters
2. Quality Systems in Transfusion Medicine
3. Transfusion Review Committees
4. Patient Blood Management Programs
5. Infectious Risks in Transfusion Medicine
6. Health Care Preparedness: Risks to the Blood Supply
7. Informed Consent
8. Transfusion Medicine and the Law
9. Treating Jehovah's Witness Patients
10. Risk Management in Massive Transfusion
11. Clinical Risk in Apheresis Practice
12. Clinical Risk in Cellular Therapy
13. Risks in Conducting Transfusion Medicine Research
14. Public Policy: Risk-Based Decision Making