The development of autonomous technologies in unmanned sea systems are driving the market
Unmanned sea system is a crucial component for naval operations, as it provides a great strategic and tactical advantage to operators. Contemporary UUVs and USVs are capable of operating autonomously, with minimum interference from human controllers, which gives the naval forces greater reach and operational capability. The autonomous capabilities of UUVs and USVs, like wireless underwater charging, are the major drivers for the market. Thus, autonomous sea systems are poised to record the highest growth rate during the forecast period. The unmanned sea system market has also benefitted from commercial off-the-shelf components (COTS), which reduce the development time and cost and enable system reuse.
North America emerged as the largest market for Unmanned Sea systems
The North American region has the latest unmanned sea systems, due to which North America holds the first position, as compared to other regions in terms of size of the market. In addition, Asia-Pacific is expected to record the fastest growth during the forecast period. The growth in Asia-Pacific is expected to be primarily propelled by the need to counter the growing threat and dominance of China and North Korea. China has been staking new boundary claims, which have encroached on the territorial claims of countries, such as Japan, India, Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia. Of late, Japan and India have started building state-of-the-art military and naval assets, thereby driving the unmanned sea system market.
The major companies operating in the market are RAYTHEON, BAE SYSTEMS, and ATLAS ELEKTRONIK amongst others.
December, 2017: Sea Machines Robotics has developed an unmanned surface vehicle named Sea Machines 300, an Autonomous Control System for commercial marine vessels. Sea Machines 300 is the world’s first industrial-grade control system that is standardized for work boats. The control system provides enhances vessel operations by enabling remote and autonomous control of conventional boats.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Provides latest insights into the Global Unmanned Sea Systems industry.
- Gives a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape in the Unmanned Sea Systems market.
- Analysis of the market scenario with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Forecasts the market value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints.
- Impact of geopolitical tensions in the maritime domain on the unmanned sea systems market
- Analysis on sectors that are witnessing greater demand and the causes that increase the demand for these systems
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Geopolitical Tensions in the Maritime Domain
5.1.2 Growth in Maritime Trade
5.2.1 High Costs
5.2.2 Cyber Security Issues
5.3.1 Unmanned Sea Systems for Freight Transport
5. Global Unmanned Sea Systems Market, Segmented By Type
6. Global Unmanned Sea Systems Market, Segmented By Capability
6.1 Remotely Operated Vehicle
6.2 Autonomous Vehicle
7. Global Unmanned Sea Systems Market, Segmented By Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.3 Rest of North America
7.2.3 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.1 United Kingdom
7.4 Rest of the World
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Developments of Key Players
9. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
9.1 Atlas Elektronik Gmbh
9.2 BAE Systems
9.3 General Dynamics Corporation
9.4 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
9.5 Raytheon Company
9.6 Lockheed Martin Corporation
9.7 Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
9.8 Kongsberg Maritime
9.9 Saab Group AB
10. Future Outlook of the Market
- Atlas Elektronik GmbH
- BAE Systems
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Raytheon Company
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Saab Group AB