Since the economic downturn caused by the ‘08-’09 crisis, the market recovered adequately, and in 2016, the annual sales of business jet accelerated. The shipment of business jet increased by 11.2% to 129 units in the first quarter of 2017, compared to 122 in 2016. For the most part, several manufacturers reported flat or declining delivery statistics during the first quarter of 2017.
Due to the increasing incomes at a global level, business jet, especially in the light and very light category, have ceased to be the domain of only the ultra-rich. Timeshare and fractional ownership programs have also enabled people to own private jets. Most popular light business jet can be purchased in around USD 4-8 million, thus, expanding the customer base. The biggest restraint that affects the business jet sales, especially in the regions of South America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific, is the lack of infrastructure. Should the infrastructure be available, the expenses are so high that it makes operations, based on business jets service, unfeasible.
Approximately 3/4 ths of the sale of business jets is centered in the developed regions, mainly North America and Europe. The rest of the regions are highly underpenetrated and could witness massive growth rates under feasible conditions, thus, driving the global business jet market. The strict regulatory framework set by the DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) governs policy regulations for private jet ownerships and charter companies. Asia is witnessing a great transformation, moreover, India and China are expected to be the market leaders by 2020.
The global business jet market has been segmented on the basis of jet size, operators and geography.
- On the basis of jet size, the market has been segmented into very light jets, light jets, mid-size jets, super mid-size jets, large cabin jets and heavy jets.
- On the basis of operators, the market has been segmented into charter companies, fractional ownerships, corporate usage and private ownership.
- On the basis of geography, the marker has been segmented into North America (United States, Canada, others), Europe (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia, others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, others), South America (Brazil, Argentina, others) and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, others).
- February 2018 : Sales of business jet liner Falcon have stopped dwindling as orders rose to 41 from 33 in 2017 and it expects sales revenue to be higher than 2016’s USD 4 billion.
Some of the key players in the market are NETJETS, B/E AEROSPACE, FLEXJET, BOMBARDIER, DASSAULT FALCON, TEXTRON AVIATION, VISTAJET, GRAFAIR, EXECUTIVE JET CHARTER, XOJET, GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE CORP, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, HONDA AIRCRAFT COMPANY, EMBRAER.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Findings Of The Study
5. Market Overview And Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Trends
5.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3.1 Threat Of New Entrants
5.3.2 Threat Of Substitute Products/Services
5.3.3 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
5.3.4 Bargaining Power Of Buyers
5.3.5 Intensity Of Competitive Rivalry
6. Market Dynamics
6.1.1 Rise In Number Of Millionaires Around The World
6.1.2 Strong Demand Forecast In India & China
6.1.3 Infrastructure Improvement In Emerging Markets
6.2.1 Sluggish Growth In North America
6.2.2 European Financial Crisis
6.2.3 Tough Regulatory Framweork In The Emerging Markets
7. Global Business Jet Market Segmentation
7.1 Segmentation By Type
7.2.1 Light Jets
7.2.2 Midsize Jets
7.2.3 Heavy Jets
7.2 Segmentation By Operators
7.3.1 Charter Companies
7.3.2 Fractional Ownerships
7.3.3 Corporate Usage
7.3.4 Private Ownership
7.4 Segmentation By Region
7.4.1 North America
7.4.2 South America
7.4.5 Middle East
8. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.2 B/E Aerospace
10.4 Bloom Business Jets
10.6 Executive Jet Charter
10.10 Textron Aviation
10.12 Dassault Falcon
10.13 Gulfstream Aerospace Corp
10.14 Honeywell International
10.15 Honda Aircraft Company
10.16 Air Charter Service
10.18 One Aviation
11. Future Outlook Of The Market
- B/E Aerospace
- Bloom Business Jets
- Executive Jet Charter
- Textron Aviation
- Dassault Falcon
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corp
- Honeywell International
- Honda Aircraft Company
- Air Charter Service
- One Aviation
- Boeing Airbus