Marine anti-fouling coatings are used to coat the bottoms of ships to prevent them from algae and mollusks, which, if attached, can slow down the ship speed, thus increasing the fuel consumption.
Shipbuilding Industry Driving the Asia-Pacific Region
Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the largest market for marine anti-fouling coatings. China, being the major player in the shipbuilding industry, is driving the anti-fouling coating market in Asia-Pacific. Also, India, Vietnam, and the Philippines are witnessing a high growth of the shipbuilding industry, providing large opportunities for the marine anti-fouling coating market. In addition, demand exists for fuel-saving and low-emission coatings in Asia-Pacific countries, which contribute to the growth of the studied market.
Accelerating Ship Building Activities
The global marine anti-fouling market is mainly driven by increasing production of leisure boats, increasing ship repairs & maintenance activities, and growing demand from the oil & gas industry. Moreover, the rising consumption of commercial vessels, passenger ships, yachts, cargo, and conventional offshore drilling rigs is expected to expand industry growth over the forecast period.
Hull Coating Applications Dominating the Market
The global marine anti-fouling coating market is segmented on the basis of products, applications, and geography. Based on application, the market is segmented into hull coatings, tank coatings and others. Of this, hull coating applications dominate the studied market because of increasing production of offshore ships, which include passenger and cargo, along with offshore drilling activities.
Key Developments in the Market
- July 2017: Eclora started the development of a new series of non-toxic & anti-fouling grapheme enhanced marine coatings in order to control the growth of marine organisms and reduce fuel consumption of vessels.
- October 2017: Hempel planned to launch two new premium antifouling coatings - Globic 9500M and Globic 9500S in a hope to see reduction in speed loss, fuel savings of 2.5%, along with the reduction in CO2 emissions and also to improve the operational efficiency of a vessel.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the global marine anti-fouling coatings market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which type and application is expected to dominate the market
- Which country is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Government Regulations & Policies
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Production of Leisure Boats
4.1.2 Increase in Ship Repairs and Maintenance Activities
4.1.3 Growing demand from Oil and Gas Industry
4.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations
4.2.2 Increased Usage of High Standard Durable Products
4.3.1 Increasing Expenditure on Luxury Goods
4.3.2 New innovative Coatings and Application Technology
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Self-Polishing (Silver-based)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Hull Coatings
5.2.2 Tank Coatings
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.3 South Korea
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.3 United Kingdom
6.2.4 Nordic Countries
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.1 United States
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Technological Snapshot
7.1 Current Technologies
7.2 Upcoming Technologies
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
8.3 Market Shares Analysis**
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, recent Developments and Analyst View)
9.1 Axalta Coatings Systems
9.2 Akzo Nobel N.V.
9.3 PPG Industries
9.4 Kansai Paint Co., Ltd.
9.6 Engineered Marine Coatings
9.7 Hempel A/S
9.8 Chukogu Marine Paints, Ltd.
9.9 BASF SE
9.10 Boero Bartolomeo S.p.A
9.12 Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
9.13 RPM International, Inc.
9.14 Sherwin-Williams (including Valspar)
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- Axalta Coatings Systems
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Ppg Industries
- Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
- Engineered Marine Coatings
- Hempel A/S
- Chukogu Marine Paints Ltd.
- Basf Se
- Boero Bartolomeo S.P.A
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Rpm International Inc.
- Sherwin-Williams (Including Valspar)