Growing Demand for Lightweight Vehicles
Over the past few years, adhesives have become a prime technology component of the automotive applications, as they are continuously replacing traditional bonding or adhesion methods. On an average, the present day automobile contains about 18kg of adhesives, compared to 8kg in 2004
Unlike traditional manufacturing methods, adhesives offer the advantage of flexibility during the production process of automotive components. In addition, they also aid in reducing the processing and set up time, as they can be applied easily and at a relatively high speed. Additionally, the recent advancements in the adhesives technologies has been aiding automobile manufacturers in the production of lightweight and fuel efficient vehicles. The Corporate Average Fuel Economy standard has forced manufacturers in the automotive industry to develop vehicle designs that incorporate the usage of adhesives. The focus on minimizing carbon emission and enhancing fuel economy by a way of reducing the weight of a vehicle has given adhesives the impetus as a bonding material for the manufacturing of automobiles.
Rising Demand for Polyurethane
Polyurethane adhesives are the most commonly used adhesives, which provide extremely strong bonding and offer good resistance against heat, moisture, and chemicals. Apart from the aforementioned properties, they also offer flexibility, durability, and good impact resistance.
The demand for polyurethane adhesives in automotive applications such as vehicle interiors and windshields, bumper’s, and fenders, without adding excess weight. With the growing automotive industry across the world, especially Asia-Pacific region, the demand for and usage of polyurethane adhesives are expected to increase during the forecast period.
High Demand for Water-borne Adhesives
Water-borne adhesives are increasingly becoming an integral part of various end-user industries, owing to its eco-friendly and low-toxic nature, high solid content, and high initial adhesion properties.
Water-borne acrylic adhesives are more environment- and user-friendly alternative to solvent-based coatings. They are used in the manufacturing of interior components, like composite safety glass and steering wheel and are also used in the manufacturing of interior trim parts, such as instrument panels, dashboards, and gear shift levers, door interior panels, exhibiting high aesthetics and offers long-lasting aging resistance. Thus, with the growing demand for vehicles, both passenger cars and commercial vehicles, the demand for water-borne adhesives are expected to increase during the forecast period.
Notable Developments in the Market
- In October 2017, H.B. Fuller’s finalized its acquisition of Royal Adhesives & Sealants for USD 1.575 billion. This acquisition is likely to deepen H.B. Fuller’s expertise in a range of sectors, such as medical, electronics, hygiene, transportation, construction, clean energy, and others.
Why Purchase Our Global Polyimides Market Report?
- Market analysis for the global automotive adhesives and sealants market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scales
- Market definition, along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence this market, on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section, with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global automotive adhesives and sealants market on, both, global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them, to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which the industry is growing and to identify the regions that are still untapped.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five-Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Automotive Production in Europe and Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Lightweight Vehicles
4.2.1 Decreasing Automotive Production in Latin America
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Newer Adhesive Applications Replacing Traditional Bonding Technologies
4.3.2 Increasing Usage of Adhesives in Electronic Vehicles
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Technology
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.1 Automotive OEM
5.2.2 Automotive Aftermarket
5.3 BY Function
5.4 By Resins Type
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.1 United States
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Shares Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Henkel AG & Co., KGaA
8.2 H.B. Fuller
8.3 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
8.5 Sika AG
8.6 Illinois Tool Works Corporation
8.8 Cytec Industries, Inc.
8.9 The Dow Chemical Company
8.10 PPG Industries
8.12 Huntsman Corp.
8.13 Avery Dennison Corp.
8.14 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
8.15 Royal Adhesives & Sealants
8.16 RPM International Inc.
8.17 Super Glue Corp.
8.18 Tesa SE (A Beiersdorf Company)
8.19 The Reynolds Co.
* List not Exhaustive
- Henkel AG & Co.
- H.B. Fuller
- ARKEMA CHEMICALS PRIVATE LTD.
- SIKA AG
- ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS CORPORATION
- JOWAT AG
- CYTEC INDUSTRIES inc.
- PPG INDUSTRIES
- HUNTSMAN CORP.
- AVERY DENNISON CORP.
- PIDILITE INDUSTRIES LTD.
- ROYAL ADHESIVES & SEALANTS
- RPM INTERNATIONAL INC.
- SUPER GLUE CORP.
- TESA SE (A BEIERSDORF COMPANY) and THE REYNOLDS CO.