Automotive Industry Driving the Market
The growing demand for high-performance tires from the automotive industry is likely to boost the tire manufacturing industries’ demand for higher specification raw materials. Also, high fuel-efficiency in automotive is creating the demand for low rolling resistance in tires, which is expected to drive the demand for SBR in the tire industry.
Asia-Pacific Region Dominating the Market Share
Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of synthetic rubber, where SBR accounts for nearly a 45% share, by volume. Countries, such as China and India, are enjoying the low-cost labor advantage in the automotive manufacturing industry, which accounts for most of the consumption of SBR, and is expected to witness a CAGR of around 14%. In addition, growing demand for adhesives in these countries is also driving the studied market in Asia-Pacific.
Solution SBR a Potential Segment
The styrene butadiene rubber market is segmented based on product type and application. The product type segmentation is further divided into emulsion SBR and solution SBR, based on their production process. Emulsion SBR is the largest product segment in the global SBR market due to the low cost of production. However, changing demand from the consumers for high-performance tires is increasing the popularity of the solution SBR in the global market, due to its low rolling resistance property. The market is further segmented into footwear, construction, polymer modification, adhesives, and others, as per their applications.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2017: Silk Road Fund, Chinese Investment fund, completed the acquisition of a 10% Stake in SIBUR, Russian gas and petrochemical giant.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the global styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which type and application is expected to dominate the market
- Which country is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising Demand in the Automotive Industry
4.1.2 Growing Use of Natural Rubber and SBR Crossover Products
4.2.1 Environmental Regulations over Production
4.2.2 Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
4.3.1 Increased Growth of Solution Type SBR (S-SBR) from the Tire Industry
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Emulsion SBR
5.1.2 Solution SBR
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 Polymer Modification
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 ASEAN Countries
6.1.7 Rest of APAC
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.4 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East and Africa
6.5.1 South Africa
6.5.2 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 Rest of MEA
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
8.3 Market Share Analysis**
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
9.1 China national Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
9.3 Kumho Petrochemical
9.5 JSR Corporation
9.8 LG Chem
9.9 Bridgestone Corporation
9.11 Synthos S.A.
9.12 Versalis S.p.A.
9.13 Asahi Kasei Corporation
9.14 Shen Hua Chemicals
9.15 Zeon Corporation
9.16 Reliance Industries Limited
9.17 Lion Elastomers
9.18 TSRC Corporation
9.19 Sumitomo Chemicals
9.20 Tianjin Lugang Petroleum Rubber Co., Ltd.
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- China national Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- Kumho Petrochemical
- JSR Corporation
- LG Chem
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Synthos S.A.
- Versalis S.p.A.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Shen Hua Chemicals
- Zeon Corporation
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Lion Elastomers
- TSRC Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- Tianjin Lugang Petroleum Rubber Co. Ltd.