Polyolefin Market to be a Key Segment in the Southeast Asia Plastics Market
A polyolefin is used in a wide variety of applications, including grocery bags, containers, toys, adhesives, home appliances, engineering plastics, automotive parts, and medical applications. A polyolefin is made of monomers composed of only carbon and hydrogen atoms. Polyolefin can be divided into polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). The growing packaging and automotive sectors in many nations and the increasing use of bottles and automotive parts, like battery cases and car liners, are driving the market growth for polyolefin.
Increase in the Indonesian Downstream Processing Capacity
Indonesia depends heavily on imports for crude oil. Due to the growing economy and middle-class population, the consumption of oil products in different industries is increasing in the country. In the recent past, President Joko Widodo declared that the expansion of the refining industry is a top priority, to suffice the growing demand for oil-derived products and reduce imports. As a part of it, currently, Indonesian state owned energy company, Pertamina is expanding Balikpapan refinery and plans to increase its capacity by 1, 00, 000 b/d by the end of 2019.
Construction and Packaging Industries to dominate the Southeast Asia Plastics Market
In the building & construction industry, plastic is used for various applications, which includes roofing & glazing, industrial signage & road marking, hurricane panels, insulation applications, sanitary bathtub liners & shower trays, window frames, and various interior designs, amongst others. Plastics have unique features, which make them an attractive choice for various building and construction applications. For instance, plastics provide an effective insulation from cold and heat, besides preventing leakages. It also requires minimal maintenance and is often dispensable. Growing demand for plastics is fuelled by the food & beverage industry, where it is used for various packaging applications, such as bottles, cups, bulk containers, pails, plastic pots, trays, returnable transit packaging, and various others applications; as it is safe, hygienic, and helps in food conservation and preservation purposes.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: Pact Group acquired the Asian packaging operations of Closure Systems International (CSI) and Graham Packaging Company (GPC).
- June 2017: Lotte Chemical expanded its polyethylene facility in Indonesia
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- A concrete study on the PESTEL analysis for major markets in the region
- Import-export data of the major plastics in key countries
- The various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The end user expected to dominate the market
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Regulatory Policies Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
3.4 PESTEL Analysis
3.5 Import and Export
3.6 Price Analysis
3.7 Machinery and Technology
3.8 Government Plans and Policies
3.9 Macroeconomic Factors
3.10 Raw Material Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Demand from End-user Industries
4.1.2 Government Support
4.2.1 Over Reliance on Import of Raw Material
4.2.2 Unfavourable Business Environment in Some Countries
4.2.3 Environmental Concerns
4.3.1 Innovative and Eco-Friendly Plastics
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Resin Type
5.1.3 Polyethylene Terphthalate (PET)
5.1.5 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
5.2 By Technology
5.2.1 Blow Molding
5.2.2 Extrusion Molding
5.2.3 Injection Molding
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Films & Sheets
5.3.2 Pipes & Fittings
5.4 By End-User Industry
5.4.2 Building & Construction
5.4.3 Automotive & Transportation
5.4.4 Electrical & Electronics
5.4.5 Furniture & Bedding
5.4.7 Other Industrial
6. Regional Analysis
6.5 The Philippines
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
8.1 Plastic Resin Manufacturers
8.1.1 AGC Chemicals Vietnam Co., Ltd.
8.1.2 BASF SE
8.1.3 Chemrez Technologies, Inc.
8.1.5 JG summit Petrochemical Corporation
8.1.6 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
8.1.7 Nan Ya Plastics Corporation (Formosa)
8.1.8 NPC Alliance Corporation
8.1.9 Philippine Polypropylene Inc.
8.1.10 Philippine Resins Industries, Inc. (Tosoh Corporation)
8.1.11 PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical Tbk
8.1.12 PT Sulfindo Adiusaha
8.1.13 Solvay Chemicals Vietnam Limited
8.1.14 Toray Industries Inc.
8.1.15 Vietnam Oil & Gas Group
8.1.16 Vietnam Plastics Corporation
* list not Exhaustive
8.2 Plastic Product Manufacturers
8.2.1 Ampac Holdings, LLC
8.2.2 Bavico Ltd.
8.2.3 Binh Minh Plastic
8.2.4 Chan Thuan Thanh Plastic Mechanical & Trading Co. Ltd.
8.2.5 Cholon Plastic Co. Ltd.
8.2.6 City Long (Cambodia) Co., Ltd.
8.2.7 Duy Tan Plastics Corporation
8.2.8 Hpi Resources Bhd [Harta Packaging Industries (Cambodia) Limited]
8.2.9 Indorama Ventures Packaging (Myanmar) Limited
8.2.10 Kyowaseikan Co. Ltd.
8.2.11 Myanmar Pipes & Accessories Co., Ltd. (Tokyo Pipe Co., Ltd.)
8.2.12 Popular Plastic Industry Group Co., Ltd.
8.2.13 Shwe Mi Industrial Co., Ltd.
*list not exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- AGC Chemicals Vietnam Co. Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Chemrez Technologies Inc.
- JG summit Petrochemical Corporation
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation (Formosa)
- NPC Alliance Corporation
- Philippine Polypropylene Inc.
- Philippine Resins Industries Inc. (Tosoh Corporation)
- PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical Tbk
- PT Sulfindo Adiusaha
- Solvay Chemicals Vietnam Limited
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Vietnam Oil & Gas Group
- Vietnam Plastics Corporation
- Ampac Holdings LLC
- Bavico Ltd.
- Binh Minh Plastic
- Chan Thuan Thanh Plastic Mechanical & Trading Co. Ltd.
- Cholon Plastic Co. Ltd.
- City Long (Cambodia) Co. Ltd.
- Duy Tan Plastics Corporation
- Hpi Resources Bhd [Harta Packaging Industries (Cambodia) Limited]
- Indorama Ventures Packaging (Myanmar) Limited
- Kyowaseikan Co. Ltd.
- Myanmar Pipes & Accessories Co. Ltd. (Tokyo Pipe Co. Ltd.)
- Popular Plastic Industry Group Co. Ltd.
- Shwe Mi Industrial Co. Ltd.