The global dairy ingredients market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period 2018-2023, due to a rise in the consumption of protein rich food products. Milk ingredients are being used in various applications, such as, supplementary foods and ready to use foods.
Due to the high demand for dairy ingredients from confectionaries, protein bars manufacturing units, and others, the market is growing at an incremental pace, globally. Increased consumption of dairy ingredients is being observed in vegetarians, as dairy serves as the primary source of protein and nutrition in their diet.
The growing prominence of nutritional enrichment in foods & beverages due to increased awareness towards maintaining healthy lifestyle among individuals, is projected to have a positive impact on the dairy ingredients market. The dairy ingredients market is also being driven by the regulatory support from the US FDA and UK government, which is intended to incorporate proteins in food and drinks. Further, the demand for dairy ingredients in protein supplements and food, has resulted in new product launches by the food & beverage companies, including Kelloggs, which is expected to fuel the demand for whey and milk powder.
The availability of alternatives, like plant protein, and low-costs of soy protein are hindering the market growth. The increase lactose intolerance and milk allergies are also anticipated to pose a challenge to the growth in the dairy ingredients market. Moreover, the prices of dairy ingredient products are highly volatile, due to unpredictable climatic conditions and inconsistent milk supply.
The rise in disposable income of the consumers, coupled with increased inclination to pay a premium price for food products with various health benefits is a key driver in the dairy ingredients market. Increasing demand for protein supplements in food items has resulted in new product launches by food & beverage companies, which is expected to fuel the demand for whey and milk powders.
The global dairy ingredients market is segmented on the basis of form, source, application, type, and region. Milk powder holds the major share of the market. Bakery & confectionery, dairy, convenience foods, and sports & clinical nutrition products are the major end-users of the dairy ingredients. Milk protein concentrates & milk protein isolates have higher growth prospects, due to the increasing popularity of sports.
Asia-Pacific is the largest segment in the diary ingredients market, followed by Europe and North America. An increase in the disposable incomes, along with a constant increase in the toddler and infant population in the region, are anticipated to benefit the global diary ingredients market.
- March 2018 - Stauber USA, a premier distributor of quality ingredients and solutions to the nutritional, food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and pet care industries, has entered into a strategic partnership with CoreFX Ingredients, manufacturers of custom dry dairy, cheese, and lipid ingredient solutions. The partnership will strive to deliver innovative and service driven ingredient solutions to elevate customer success.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Increase in Consumer Preference for Nutritional Foods
184.108.40.206 Increasing Demand in the Dairy Application Sector
220.127.116.11 Side-effects of consuming Dairy Ingredients
18.104.22.168 Increasing Substitutes for Dairy Ingredients
22.214.171.124 Inconsistent Supply of Milk
126.96.36.199 Innovations in Product Offerings
188.8.131.52 Increasing Demand for Premium Diary Ingredients
3.1.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.2 By Type
4.2.1 Milk Powders
188.8.131.52 Skimmed Milk Powders
184.108.40.206 Whole Milk Powders
220.127.116.11 Flavored Milk powders
4.2.2 Milk Protein Concentrate & Milk Protein Isolate
4.2.3 Whey Ingredients
18.104.22.168 Whey Protein Concentrates
22.214.171.124 Whey Protein Isolates
126.96.36.199 Sweet Whey Powder
4.2.4 Lactose & Derivatives
4.2.5 Casein & Caseinates
4.3 By Source
4.4 By Application
4.4.2 Confectionery Products
4.4.3 Bakery Products
4.4.4 Dairy Products
4.4.5 Dietary Supplements
4.4.6 Convenience Foods
4.4.8 Infant Formulas
4.4.9 Sports Nutrition
4.5 By Region
4.5.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.5.4 South America
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Arla Foods
6.3 Dairy Farmers of America
6.4 Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited
6.6 Glanbia, Plc.
6.7 Hatsun Agro Products
6.8 Kanegrade Ltd.
6.9 Murray Goulburn Co-operative
6.10 Nestle SA
6.11 Nova Dairy Products
- Arla Foods
- Dairy Farmers of America
- Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited
- Glanbia plc.
- Hatsun Agro Products
- Kanegrade Ltd.
- Murray Goulburn Co-operative
- Nestle SA
- Nova Dairy Products